Your favorite music books

StratoStrummer

Strat-Talker
Feb 26, 2021
Puglia
I would like a book or some books to study and learn theory and music, indipendently from time spent playing and practicing.
Obviously in the end I could pick the guitar and see how things sounds, but I could be very interested in a book to support a learning progress in an abstract fashion.
What are your favorite sources, books especially?
Thanks

StratoStrummer

Strat-Talker
Feb 26, 2021
Puglia
The Guitar Compendium by Howard Roberts et al, but good luck finding all 3 volumes. I’m still looking for vol 1.
Yes, now I remember that excerpts from this work were posted here in great thread titled meaningfully Food for thought. This read seems exactly what I was looking for.
Just placed a order for the three volumes at a fair price on a british online shop, will keep my finger crossed however because yes they cannot be found easily and already several sites in Italy and Germany have replied that they are not available and permanently out of print, even if they listed them it their catalogue.

Clickitysplit

Strat-O-Master
May 25, 2021
Temecula, CA
Yes, now I remember that excerpts from this work were posted here in great thread titled meaningfully Food for thought. This read seems exactly what I was looking for.
Just placed a order for the three volumes at a fair price on a british online shop, will keep my finger crossed however because yes they cannot be found easily and already several sites in Italy and Germany have replied that they are not available and permanently out of print, even if they listed them it their catalogue.
Hey I hope they show up! As for me I think I found volume 1 online - the seller expects to get it on Sept 18th. We’ll see…