Which Bootstrap Strat Pickups Compare to the Fender 57/62s...

PCollen

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2014
Florida
The pickup database http://www.echoesofmars.com/pickup_data/viewer

includes the 57/62, but only two Bootstrap pickups.
Bootstrap's 54 Vintage Sparkle is the closer of the two, very similar to the 57/62, although I would say more comparable to the CS69.

View attachment 594185

View attachment 594189

View attachment 594190

The 57/62 has a slightly higher frequency peak; the CS69 has a higher q factor. Based on the measurements, the Bootstrap 54 Vintage Sparkle is about halfway in between those two Fender pickups. That's not a bad place to be.
I got a notion to possibly pair the Bootstrap Sun City/Golden Ale bridge pickup (same-same) with my 57/62 Neck and Middle (RW/RP...CP50 Strat), wanting to try a stronger bridge pickup . But I found that Bootstrap pickups have NORTH TOP as standard with RW/RP being South TOP...opposite of my 57/62s. I didn't check the wind, but given the magnet difference the SC Bridge could just be the same as my 57/62 RW/RP middle pickup. I know all about their ability to do custom, but I think they would do a mix between their stock pickups (N+M 5.6K from Vintage Pro , B 7.4 K from Sun City) at little or no extra cost.

PCollen

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2014
Florida
They have an option to order individual pickups. Easy peasey
Thanks...I've already communicated with Ryan @ Bootstrap on this. I'm still waffling on it, but now leaning towards ordering a complete Golden Ale set and putting the 57/62 set aside as is for the time being. Besides, I've never played A2 pickups, so it would be and adventure.