Where does the sustain come from in an electric guitar???

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Another interesting and well produced video by professional Nashville guitarist Jim Lill:

Feel free to watch, listen and learn.

Alternatively, you can skip the watching bit and just post flippant comments instead. 🤣

Stupid comments are where I'm a Viking. Btw, now that I'm not at work I finally got a chance to watch the video.

That guy has a lot of excess time.

=KARMA=

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 24, 2015
Londinium
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the subject matter is worthy of an adult approach.
Jim’s approach to the subject is that of a grown up, and that’s more than can be said for the level of response’s to this thread which is in a way quite sad……but hey, that’s their prerogative.

Guitarchaeologist

Master Spuddler
Silver Member
Dec 17, 2016
Behind the 8 ball
Jim’s approach to the subject is that of a grown up, and that’s more than can be said for the level of response’s to this thread which is in a way quite sad……but hey, that’s their prerogative.
My juvenile, but very humorous, comments aside, I applaud the author's attempts and approach.
That doesn't mean I do not see flaws in logic or process, but still, I applaud the effort.
Will he unite the ununiteable minds of this forum? Clearly not. It would be great if someone, on any topic, currently had that capacity.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Another interesting and well produced video by professional Nashville guitarist Jim Lill:

Feel free to watch, listen and learn.

Alternatively, you can skip the watching bit and just post flippant comments instead. 🤣

Another...well produced vid?

LOL! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

THE FIRST ONE WAS TRASH. I suspect this one is also. The dude has no idea how pickups are even made, much less how they work. I wouldn't even waste my time after that first abysmal failure.

=KARMA=

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 24, 2015
Londinium
My juvenile, but very humorous, comments aside, I applaud the author's attempts and approach.
That doesn't mean I do not see flaws in logic or process, but still, I applaud the effort.
Will he unite the ununiteable minds of this forum? Clearly not. It would be great if someone, on any topic, currently had that capacity.
People will believe want they want to believe regardless of the evidence. This I know and understand but with an ‘open’ mind it seems fairly obvious that the presence of wood has no effect on the signal seen by the amp.

=KARMA=

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 24, 2015
Londinium
Another...well produced vid?

LOL! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

THE FIRST ONE WAS TRASH. I suspect this one is also. The dude has no idea how pickups are even made, much less how they work. I wouldn't even waste my time after that first abysmal failure.
Errr……me thinks that you didn’t even bother to watch.