Where do you stick it????

Houdi Elbow

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2021
UK
I have put strap buttons in this position and never had any problems with balance, playing position etc.

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Athens Ga
View attachment 562656

Where do you stick it and why. Thanks
4 because is is exact opposite of the butt pin and the guitar hangs correctly from opposing ends.

1 or 2 is really bad and the guitar can fall off the strap if it tips forward.

5 & 3 are bad because you are drilling into the side of the guitar rather into the heel.

perttime

Strat-O-Master
May 4, 2015
Finland
4 because is is exact opposite of the butt pin and the guitar hangs correctly from opposing ends.

1 or 2 is really bad and the guitar can fall off the strap if it tips forward.

5 & 3 are bad because you are drilling into the side of the guitar rather into the heel.
Huh?
5 is also in the heel. Just a little more out of the way and positioned so that it is even less likely for the strap to slip off it.

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Athens Ga
Huh?
5 is also in the heel. Just a little more out of the way and positioned so that it is even less likely for the strap to slip off it.
5 is in the wrong place. That would be close to the correct position if the heel is pointed like a Martin, but not on a Gibson style heel.

Mbroady

Strat-Talker
Mar 21, 2022
WNC
Waiting for someone to invent an anti-gravity guitar unit so no strap is needed. Until then I opt for #5.

Hal Nico

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 28, 2012
JAMOADR
A throwback to playing live and lead singing/Lead playing guitar I moved my strap buttons here so that there was no weight on my left hand and if I let go of the guitar neck it doesn't drop,

uGjPzmw.png

And ,"No" never cracked or split a neck :)

Another one of my tricks was to use a rubber band to add some slack to my Guitar lead so I didn't pull over amps/combos.

n78xJih.jpg

Bowmap

I nose a thang or two.
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
3rd door down.
40 year old Westbury 12 string has position 0 (i.e. meant for neck strap at nut). Newer 12 string is at 5. New HB has it at 5. My Ibby Talman has it in on the upper horn. I would have thought position 4 made more sense.