WhatsUp with WhatsApp?

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Been using WhatsApp on my iPad linked to my iPhone for ages. iPad just locked up so I deleted the app to relink. I now can’t find the app, to get the code to scan to make the link. Never been a problem before but the App Store brings up all sorts of ‘pseudo WhatsApp’s. Anyone have any ideas. If I find the right App in Safari it all works but I have to go via the Safari app every time, a nuisance.

Last edited:

YohanTheMan

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 3, 2020
Denmark
I don't use Apple products, so I can't really speak to that. Don't have any experience with the App Store either. Didn't even know it was possible to use WhatsApp on an iPad. I use WhatsApp all the time, since I'm traveling though.

If you do on Safari, you can add it to your home screen to make it easier to access.
Don't know if that helps you, but here's a link

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
Been using WhatsApp on my iPad linked to my iPhone for ages. iPad just locked up so I deleted the app to relink. I now can’t find the app, to get the code to scan to make the link. Never been a problem before but the App Store brings up all sorts of ‘pseudo WhatsApp’s. Anyone have any ideas. If I find the right App in Safari it all works but I have to go via the Safari app every time, a nuisance.

As of May 2022, WhatsApp does not run on the iPad.[172]

iPad users searching for WhatsApp are shown numerous third-party clients. Several top results have names and logos resembling WhatsApp itself, and some users do not realize they are using a third-party client. Per WhatsApp's policy, using third-party clients can result in the account getting permanently banned.[173]

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
I don't use Apple products, so I can't really speak to that. Don't have any experience with the App Store either. Didn't even know it was possible to use WhatsApp on an iPad. I use WhatsApp all the time, since I'm traveling though.

If you do on Safari, you can add it to your home screen to make it easier to access.
Don't know if that helps you, but here's a link
Thanks, now have it on my iPad in Safari. Anyone know a way to create a shortcut straight to WhatsApp with going into Safari first?

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Well, I’ve paid nothing directly for it and don’t seem to be overrun with ads. So far, free at point of service.
It's not the product.
You are.
It's odd how the trend is for "intellectual property" to claim ownership of tangible items even after they've been sold, (I saw where textbook publishers now want a piece of the sales on used texbooks), is completely ignored with regard to companies profiting off your personal information. Although, admittedly, the EU is eons ahead of the US in addressing this.

1660317183658.png
"In the future, you will own nothing. And you will be happy." - Klaus Schwab Founder, World Economic Forum

Last edited:

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
It's not the product.
You are.
It's odd how the trend is for "intellectual property" to claim ownership of tangible items even after they've been sold, (I saw where textbook publishers now want a piece of the sales on used texbooks), is completely ignored with regard to companies profiting off your personal information. Although, admittedly, the EU is eons ahead of the US in addressing this.

View attachment 583897
"In the future, you will own nothing. And you will be happy." - Klaus Schwab Founder, World Economic Forum
So I’m paying In Information for the right to hire the software?

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
So I’m paying In Information for the right to hire the software?
Pretty much. The value of that exchange is subjective and entirely up to the individual. At least when it's made knowingly. if one doesn't know what information is being harvested, who its being sold to, and for what price, then hard to judge the price of the actual bargain.