Vintera 50s and 60s Stratocaster Club

Bucklander

Strat-Talk Member
Feb 27, 2020
The Cotswolds, England
Thought I'd kick this one off with my sunburst 60s Vintera, bought last week from the nice chaps at Guitar Village, UK.

60sVintera.png

I've adjusted the tremolo spring plate and the action, and I'l probably buy a 3-ply mint green tremolo cover. Apart from that, I'm leaving it as it is.

Let's see yours... and tell us what you have done to it, or plan to do with it, if anything...

Guithartic

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
Thought I'd kick this one off with my sunburst 60s Vintera, bought last week from the nice chaps at Guitar Village, UK.

View attachment 392337

I've adjusted the tremolo spring plate and the action, and I'l probably buy a 3-ply mint green tremolo cover. Apart from that, I'm leaving it as it is.

Let's see yours... and tell us what you have done to it, or plan to do with it, if anything...
upload_2022-1-25_22-59-40.gif

AxemanVR

I appreciate, therefore I am...
Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota USA

I have a Vintera 60s neck on my black ‘61 Strat clone:

CFF9A4B8-2020-4DD7-8B70-DD6B8DC49E8B.jpeg

The neck is attached to a Fender “Classic Series 60s” Strat body I bought direct from Fender - which I’m convinced are the same ones they’re using on the current Vintera 60s line (except for black not being an option on the actual Vintera models)...

1484F3EB-9E18-4A5C-8E4D-48B35512AAAB.jpeg

...mine also has a Vintera 60s tremolo and output jack, so as far as I’m concerned it's basically a Vintera 60s Strat, except with a non-standard finish (no doubt black is not offered in order to avoid cutting into their body-only sales).

The mint green pickguard is also Genuine Fender as are the Original ‘57/‘62 pickups I decided to go with.

So I figure I have a more or less unofficial, upgraded Vintera 60s Strat sort of thing...

Last edited:

wblynch

Strat-Talker
Nov 25, 2020
Mission Viejo, Calif.

I have a Vintera 60s neck on my black ‘61 Strat clone:

The neck is attached to a Fender “Classic Series 60s” Strat body I bought direct from Fender - which I’m convinced are the same ones they’re using on the current Vintera 60s line (except for black not being an option on the actual Vintera models)...

...mine also has a Vintera 60s tremolo and output jack, so as far as I’m concerned it's basically a Vintera 60s Strat, except with a non-standard finish (no doubt black is not offered in order to avoid cutting into their body-only sales).

The mint green pickguard is also Genuine Fender as are the Original ‘57/‘62 pickups I decided to go with.

So I figure I have a more or less unofficial, upgraded Vintera 60s Strat sort of thing...

just call it a Special Edition Vintera 60’s

Nexus1984

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 23, 2022
Germany
I got in October last year the Vintera 60s mod and its probably the best guitar I own. I tried at the store multiple Strats including the Player Strat, Player Plus and American Performer and the Vintera was by far the most enjoyable and best sounding guitar from the ones i tried. The Neck pickup sounds very vintage and together with my JCM 800 it sounds very close to Frusciante, SRV or Hendrix.

The only negative point on this guitar is the bridge pickup which sounds too sterile to me but its managable with effects and the Tone knob.

I basically put .10s, Tuned down to Eb, adjusted the height of the bridge pickup and thats it.

002_vintera_stratocaster_0149993305_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

stratubes

Strat-Talk Member
May 7, 2022
Sienna burst
To all Vintera owners- which Stratocaster to buy? 7.25"radius, 6 PT., Pao Ferro fretboard, Nitro vs 9.5" radius, 2 PT., Maple fretboard, Poly + S1.

Attachments

• road worn 60s.jpg
    road worn 60s.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 5
  • fender-vintera-50s-strato-sunburst.jpg
    fender-vintera-50s-strato-sunburst.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts