The Blessed Moment Has Arrived aka New Mesa Day

Stratoman10

Dr. Stratster
Silver Member
Aug 24, 2015
Va. Beach, Va
I ordered a new Mesa Mark V Twenty Five with a wide body open back cab back in Oct I think. It got here today. Just plugged it in to make sure it works. More fun to follow after I get a walk in then some dinner. I have an attenuator. Mesa likes to run hard. But this one seems easier to control than my recto. After I get this dialed in a bit more it's going to be in stereo with my Hughes and Kettner.

20221206_174612.jpg 20221206_174654.jpg

Last edited:

Snaked Strat

Strat-Talker
Mar 17, 2022
Australia
Congrats - it's the best low watt amp ever made imo.
I've had one for 4 yrs :thumb:

SyemwrD.jpg

Handsome McClane

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Sep 6, 2020
Sacramento
In my old age I've gotten fond of head/cab. Not sure why. Maybe for the mix and match possibilities
Separate cabs and heads make more sense than combos; on top of mix and match you split the weight load. I just started out a combo guy and for some reason I've always stuck with it. Got about eight of them right now. My #1 at the moment is a '90s Mesa Subway Rocket, but those Mark Vs are a big step up. Very nice.

Last edited:

JB74

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 22, 2018
ɹǝpunuʍop
HNAD and congrats!

- now put away half your monthly salary for when it breaks just out of warranty.🤣
That should have you covered for the next couple of years, hopefully.🤞🏼

and find a really skilled amp tech - one who loves mesas. My old boss is one of those guys, but unfortunately for you he's in Taiwan, so shipping might be a killer.

Enjoy it. They do work well cranked with an LP.

Tavernor

Strat-Talk Member
Nov 10, 2022
UK
Probably the ultimate practice amp if you like tubes! The gain is all in the preamp so pop a volume box in the loop and you can go bonkers at any volume. Enjoy 🙂

Attachments

• 20221019_121019.jpg
    20221019_121019.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 8