Teasing a Hard Core fan!

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Going to see the Black Crows next week.

They're my Buddy's favorite band and I bought him a ticket too back in February and now he says he can't go. I've been calling them the Black Crows. He's been correcting me for hours now. "Crowes".

Full disclosure, I did think it was Crows for decades.
Screenshot_20220629-131856-538~2.png
Screenshot_20220629-131856-538~3.png
Screenshot_20220629-131856-538~4.png
Screenshot_20220629-140909-438.png
Ain't I a Stinker?

Last edited:

Willmunny

Has a strat
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Mcleary Wa
Going to see the Black Crows next week.

They're my Buddy's favorite band and I bought him a ticket too back in February and now he says he can't go. I've been calling them the Black Crows. He's been correcting me for hours now. "Crowes".

Full disclosure, I did think it was Crows for decades.
View attachment 573224
View attachment 573228
View attachment 573229
View attachment 573222
Ain't I a Stinker?
The last one is hilarious, I thought I was a die hard fan, but I had never heard the original name

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
The last one is hilarious, I thought I was a die hard fan, but I had never heard the original name
I didn't know that either. Of course,I also didn't notice it was Crowes either. Lol. I'm not a smart man. I know what shoes go on what hands & what paint to not eat any more of. That's about it.

I'm pretty excited to see them next week. First show for me in a long long time.

Willmunny

Has a strat
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Mcleary Wa
I didn't know that either. Of course,I also didn't notice it was Crowes either. Lol. I'm not a smart man. I know what shoes go on what hands & what paint to not eat any more of. That's about it.

I'm pretty excited to see them next week. First show for me in a long long time.
To be fair, I knew the "correct" spelling, enjoy the show!

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
Since Counting Crows were mentionned in your texts.
Is it crows who can count or someone is counting the number of crows?
Asking for someone

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Since Counting Crows were mentionned in your texts.
Is it crows who can count or someone is counting the number of crows?
Asking for someone

One site says Crows can count up to three. There needs to be at least three Crows to make a murder.

Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Here’s a teaser.

I'm basically a Black Crowes newbie. I've never been interested in the band though I admit they are all immensely talented.

Maybe 15 years ago I was scrolling through channels and happened upon a concert. Whoever the band was, was amazing. I mean really really amazing.

Eventually I realized it was them. I really try to like their studio albums but can't. I have high hopes for next week.

Higgins1980

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 11, 2013
North Carolina
I'm basically a Black Crowes newbie. I've never been interested in the band though I admit they are all immensely talented.

Maybe 15 years ago I was scrolling through channels and happened upon a concert. Whoever the band was, was amazing. I mean really really amazing.

Eventually I realized it was them. I really try to like their studio albums but can't. I have high hopes for next week.
They’re a lot like the Grateful Dead in that they are much better live than in the studio.

stormsedge

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 7, 2012
East Tennessee, USA
We get Steve Gorman's radio show here in the late afternoons/evenings. He is one of my favorites...knowledgeable, and smooth.

Wiki: "On September 9, 2019, Steve Gorman Rocks! began airing on select Westwood One radio affiliates.[5]"

revtime

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 17, 2014
kansas
We get Steve Gorman's radio show here in the late afternoons/evenings. He is one of my favorites...knowledgeable, and smooth.

Wiki: "On September 9, 2019, Steve Gorman Rocks! began airing on select Westwood One radio affiliates.[5]"
Most probably dont know who Steve is.