Started working on the neck of my LTD bass today. I got some new tuners and started to try to install them a couple days ago but they were too small for the holes but I like the tuners so I decided to plug and re-drill.
The only options I had for dowel rod were either too big or too small. So I chucked the bigger one into a lathe
View attachment 668235
used an Iwisaki file to shave it down
View attachment 668236
then,I used the large to drill a pilot hole through the dowel.
View attachment 668237
Next, I cut and installed the plugs.
View attachment 668238
I did fret polish on the performer tele and the prs. Locking tuners on the prs.