Sheryl Crow

crawdaddy

Most Honored Senior Member
Feb 11, 2010
Valley o Sun
A very underrated song writer....I think she has a documentary coming out...or it could be out...

She seems like one cool kat to hang out and chill with....

love her music....

PonyB

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 3, 2020
above ground
I got free tickets to see the Canadian Tenors, Sting, and Sheryl Crow some years ago.
Crow and band stole the show after Sting's self-indulgent set.
Sting stood in a spotlight and seemed only to interact with the women in the audience, Crow worked her band hard and they seemed to really enjoy themselves.
The Tenors were good too haha.

racerx819

Strat-Talker
Jul 3, 2020
<><>LHP<><>
Doncumetary =
A very underrated song writer....I think she has a documentary coming out...or it could be out...

She seems like one cool kat to hang out and chill with....

love her music....
The documentary came out.
Notable moments I did not know:

*Got her start with Michael Jackson as a back up
*Was tabloid linked to him romantically
*The influence of the Tuesday Night Music Club
*The story-line behind Leaving Ls Vegas, songwriter O'Brians suicide and Crows blounder on national TV that is linked to his death.

Ultimately, I had forgotten how much I liked her, and she is a superlative artist. I respect her more now.

The most notable take away...

She is 100% ROCKSTAR

PonyB

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 3, 2020
above ground
Doncumetary =

The documentary came out.
Notable moments I did not know:

*Got her start with Michael Jackson as a back up
*Was tabloid linked to him romantically
*The influence of the Tuesday Night Music Club
*The story-line behind Leaving Ls Vegas, songwriter O'Brians suicide and Crows bounder on national TV that is linked to his death.

Ultimately, I had forgotten how much I liked her, and she is a superlative artist. I respect her more now.

The most notable take away...

She is 100% ROCKSTAR
👍
Another factoid- Crow has perfect pitch.

racerx819

Strat-Talker
Jul 3, 2020
<><>LHP<><>
Sorry for not following your link, not into gossip.
The is not the cheater gossip you're thinking of. It's Lance Armstrong. He cheated in cycling (as did almost all of his competitors)... he was just the best at it... and the biggest D-Bag about it.

EDIT add in: He may be the biggest D-Bag of all time, generally speaking. If not, he's in the conversation.

El Gobernador

fezz parka
Apr 21, 2011
Nunyo, BZ
I auditioned for her. This is right before Tuesday Night Music Club was released. She saw my ad in Music Connection.

Went down to SIR. Played five or six covers, then two tunes from the record. All I Wanna Do and Leaving Las Vegas. She offered me the gig. But was a major league a-hole. I declined. Recommended a buddy...Todd Wolfe. He took the gig.

Years later I worked with her on Tomorrow Never Dies. She remembered me. LoL

Seamus OReally

Outta here
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2019
Way out west
I auditioned for her. This is right before Tuesday Night Music Club was released. She saw my ad in Music Connection.

Went down to SIR. Played five or six covers, then two tunes from the record. All I Wanna Do and Leaving Las Vegas. She offered me the gig. But was a major league a-hole. I declined. Recommended a buddy...Todd Wolfe. He took the gig.

Years later I worked with her on Tomorrow Never Dies. She remembered me. LoL
You dodged a bullet.

rontime

Strat-Talk Member
Dec 28, 2016
Chino (SoCal)
Sheryl opened for Eagles on the Hell Freezes Over Tour at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA (Jan. ’94). The friends we were with kept running into acquaintances. Missed her whole set. I’ve regretted it ever since. I enjoyed her early hits, but have made no attempt to see her since.
At the time, I was a fan of Toy Matinee. One of the TM members, Kevin Gilbert, dated and was part of her Tuesday Music Club. From what I’ve read, disputes arose regarding songwriting credits. That was it for me.