Prey

circles

Resident Pinball Enthusiast
May 26, 2013
West Seattle
The original Predator is one of my favorite action movies. (I got to show it as a projectionist way back when) But for me, the follow ups quickly lost my interest. However Prey looks somewhat interesting.

crankmeister

Most Honored Senior Member
Jul 9, 2020
Republic of Gilead
I didn’t know this was a thing. I’ve been pushing for an Arnold marathon with the missus, we like to unwind with a series or a thematic set of flix. A lot of it would be new to me, as I didn’t get out much as a youngster.

Tone Deaf

Stratosaurus Magnificus
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2009
New Jersey, USA
I didn’t know this was a thing. I’ve been pushing for an Arnold marathon with the missus, we like to unwind with a series or a thematic set of flix. A lot of it would be new to me, as I didn’t get out much as a youngster.

You just need to remember 3 words:

I’LL BE BACK

dspellman

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 24, 2013
Los Angeles
I’m planning on watching the new Predator film tonight. Streams on Hulu. If you’ve seen it don’t tell me what happens. Been a fan of the franchise since Arnie was ruining through the jungle.
So I shouldn't tell you that there's a Predator-looking thing like the one in ...uh...Predator who comes to earth to hunt things?
I shouldn't tell you that it's set in 1719 and the protagonist is a Commanche...girl?
And that she makes it to the choppah?

fuksman

Strat-O-Master
Jan 9, 2022
USA
I’m planning on watching the new Predator film tonight. Streams on Hulu. If you’ve seen it don’t tell me what happens. Been a fan of the franchise since Arnie was ruining through the jungle.
wait... i think there hasn't been a predator movie since 2018 "The Predator" with Sterling K. Brown. that title was surprisingly decent. and i like Sterling K. Brown so much - big talent. Hollywood is stupid for not using him more. he can be new Denzel, but with greater range.

33db

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 14, 2018
Earth
Plan to watch it also, fan of the franchise but they lost me at Alien vs Predator !
That could've been good.

I watched about 10 minutes of Prey then fell asleep, not blaming the movie just tired, watch the whole later.

The protagonist is female, if you think about it female heros have been a standard in the scifi genre for a long time, much longer than any other genre.
She's American Indian, excellent hunter, then I fell asleep.

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Just finished the movie. And I highly recommend it. Much better than the last three installments of the franchise.
We were really impressed too! There were a few things that I was afraid that they were going to do that would have ruined it for me but they didn't go there. I would definitely watch it again for sure!