Pretty minimalist Ebay advert!

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
It would be - it depends on his reserve, 500 pounds is an average price, especially based on just 3 pictures.
$500 is the "buy it now" price.

Given that the current new price for Vinteras is $1,100 I think $500 is reasonable.

Kester

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 17, 2012
Halesowen, England
$500 is the "buy it now" price.

Given that the current new price for Vinteras is $1,100 I think $500 is reasonable.
When I saw the ad I checked what these have sold for recently over here. A couple of Daphne Blue Classic 50's have recently sold for 475-500 pounds, so 500 is about what they're going for it seems.

Gary Davies

Strat-Talker
Oct 16, 2014
Cornwall, UK
I see there is a couple of hours left, so maybe you can message the seller and get some more info. He (or she!) hasn't sold anything on ebay yet so nothing to go by there on track record. It could be someone that has little time, has no idea what they have, doesn't see any point in adding details, or maybe just wants to avoid any post sales issues or disagreements about the description.

Last edited:

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Prices are fluctuating at the moment depending on when the shop placed the order the specs. Somewhere around £730 and £830 at the moment. So, yeah, £500 would be reasonable for ‘pre-loved’……………..ridiculous term, used or second hand has worked for years!

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I see different reasons for this on eBay.

Some sellers just don't like to write. either they are not writers or it's just not their thing. Often, sellers who have a lot of items for sale just can't be bothered to do the details on individual items.

Some other sellers don't want to write anything that set an expectation in the listing. For example "looks like new". Because then the buyer can complain "Hey, this has a fingerprint and that isn't new - I want my money back.".

And then some other sellers are selling something they know has an issue. They figure if they don't say anything maybe they get away with it. Usually not a major issue but sometimes there is a minor one.