Pantera - Walk (with tab!)

Stone

Most Honored Senior Member
Dec 17, 2019
Mean Streets
It was Amplitube! Patrick (actual Mr. Tabs) just found a dimebag setting on their tone share database and we tweaked it a little. It gets pretty close to the actual tone I think!
No thats not close, lol, thats dead on, i know tones and that about the best ive heard, being a tone junkie can you describe the chain and gear for my curiosity

cheers

QuiteMoist

Strat-Talker
May 22, 2012
canada
No thats not close, lol, thats dead on, i know tones and that about the best ive heard, being a tone junkie can you describe the chain and gear for my curiosity

cheers
Hmmm I not sure if the settings are shared in the description?
It’s the Dean into a Scarlett interface. Then Amplitube and logic I believe. I think it’s one of the lower end Dean guitars.
I do know there was a gate pedal used in the software and maybe a eq pedal. I wish I could tell you more!

QuiteMoist

Strat-Talker
May 22, 2012
canada
Bumping this in the hopes that some of the non-metal folks will give this a chance as it’s just that damn good.

@QuiteMoist so what’s the deal here? You do the playing and Mr. Tabs transcribes it and does the video editing?
Hey man! Thanks for the bump. I’m very glad to see that you guys like it.
So Mr. Tabs is my friend Patrick. Many moons ago Patrick and I covered Cacophony - Images and it got a bit of traction. Patrick got a ton of subscribers for it. He then switched to giving guitar lessons and it kind of evolved into what he does now. I played just Walk and No More Tears so far but he has like 220 other videos as well. Definitely worth checking out. Patrick is an awesome guy and awesome guitarist. He does all the background work as well, so my services are coming in handy because it’s lots of work to make the tabs and the video editing and all that stuff. He works hard to produce the best possible product he can!

Stone

Most Honored Senior Member
Dec 17, 2019
Mean Streets
Hey man! Thanks for the bump. I’m very glad to see that you guys like it.
So Mr. Tabs is my friend Patrick. Many moons ago Patrick and I covered Cacophony - Images and it got a bit of traction. Patrick got a ton of subscribers for it. He then switched to giving guitar lessons and it kind of evolved into what he does now. I played just Walk and No More Tears so far but he has like 220 other videos as well. Definitely worth checking out. Patrick is an awesome guy and awesome guitarist. He does all the background work as well, so my services are coming in handy because it’s lots of work to make the tabs and the video editing and all that stuff. He works hard to produce the best possible product he can!
He sure does, man that's awesome !!!!

bluejazzoid

Strats Amore
Silver Member
Aug 14, 2009
Southeast USA
That was super-excellent!
yes.gif

RE---SPECT!

StratMike10

Dr. Stratster
Apr 8, 2010
Florida
Damn dude, I don't get out much but this is the best Walk cover I've seen... you've been posessed by dimebag without a doubt in my mind, my god what a way to kill that solo.
I'll be sure to keep an eye on future posts of yours.

QuiteMoist

Strat-Talker
May 22, 2012
canada
I tried to play that solo years ago but gave up because it was too hard. I might give it another go.

It's hard to play. You did a great job.
There are a few tricky parts. Particularly the first part and then the other bluesy lick with the major 3rd in it. There are a lot of notes crammed in there but really it’s just repetition. Focus on those and start slow. You’ll get it.
The rest is just trying to capture Dimebag’s awesome vibrato. So much stank!