NUGD! a lesson in no self control.......

ajb1965

Old Enough to Know Better
Gold Supporting Member
Silver Member
There's a little used guitar store a few miles from me called Zimm's that I like to pop in every once in a while to see what kind of treasures he has. He buys a lot of stuff from Phil McKnight, the KnowYourGear Youtube guy and just about every guitar he has on display has been properly set up with new strings and ready to play. It's like a barber shop. Folks just come in to pluck on guitars and talk about gear or whatever. Anyway, I called him this afternoon to see what kind of Mexican strats he had and he said he had a couple so I marked my calendar busy for the rest of the afternoon and took off thinking I was going to grab an inexpensive MIM strat to plunk around on ahd have some upgrade fun. Found a nice Player series that had locking tuners on it that was nice. Dorked around on it for about 30 minutes and put it back on the rack. Told him I liked it but I wasn't sure about the maple fretboard yada yada. So Dane (owner) says hey wait I want you to check something out. I just bought this from Phil. He then preceded to pull this beauty out and I think most of the blood left my head because I clearly wasn't thinking straight. I didn't even play it I just held it mulling tryna figure out how I could pull off paying double what I was wanting to. Her beauty was just too strong so I said sod it and whipped the debit card out and kicked myself all the way home. I'm sure I'll feel better about it tomorrow lol.

PXL_20221202_023449006_2.jpg

It's a 2018 Limited Edition American Pro with rosewood neck in Daphne Blue. It plays heavenly and is the lightest strat I've owned. I'm glad all my kids are grown and out of the house so I can get away with eating ramen for the next 6 weeks :D

If you live in the Valley of the Sun you should check out Zimm's guitars in west Mesa - Alma School and Guadalupe/ Dane's a great guy and loves to talk gear.

Chuck8436

Senior Stratmaster
May 12, 2017
Texas
There's a little used guitar store a few miles from me called Zimm's that I like to pop in every once in a while to see what kind of treasures he has. He buys a lot of stuff from Phil McKnight, the KnowYourGear Youtube guy and just about every guitar he has on display has been properly set up with new strings and ready to play. It's like a barber shop. Folks just come in to pluck on guitars and talk about gear or whatever. Anyway, I called him this afternoon to see what kind of Mexican strats he had and he said he had a couple so I marked my calendar busy for the rest of the afternoon and took off thinking I was going to grab an inexpensive MIM strat to plunk around on ahd have some upgrade fun. Found a nice Player series that had locking tuners on it that was nice. Dorked around on it for about 30 minutes and put it back on the rack. Told him I liked it but I wasn't sure about the maple fretboard yada yada. So Dane (owner) says hey wait I want you to check something out. I just bought this from Phil. He then preceded to pull this beauty out and I think most of the blood left my head because I clearly wasn't thinking straight. I didn't even play it I just held it mulling tryna figure out how I could pull off paying double what I was wanting to. Her beauty was just too strong so I said sod it and whipped the debit card out and kicked myself all the way home. I'm sure I'll feel better about it tomorrow lol.

View attachment 609652

It's a 2018 Limited Edition American Pro with rosewood neck in Daphne Blue. It plays heavenly and is the lightest strat I've owned. I'm glad all my kids are grown and out of the house so I can get away with eating ramen for the next 6 weeks :D

If you live in the Valley of the Sun you should check out Zimm's guitars in west Mesa - Alma School and Guadalupe/ Dane's a great guy and loves to talk gear.
I’m not from there, but I’m subscribed to their YouTube channel. Nice guitar!

jmfc93

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 22, 2020
Catskill Mountains

View attachment 609652

I’ve actually been actively looking for one of those that won’t bust my budget. Good find Sir!! I’ll find one that they don’t want my first born child thrown in the deal.

sonny wolf

Most Honored Senior Member
Aug 7, 2009
austin texas
Those are gorgeous Strats and I remember them when they had their limited run.That is a unique Strat that I think will probably become a collector's item someday.2018 was a good year for Fenders so I know it's a great player.Congratulations!

RavenPOL

Strat-Talker
Nov 24, 2022
Poland
6 weeks of ramen is not that bad. Spent all my university years this way. In a month or two financial damage will be gone, and you will be left with an amazing guitar.

Just throw some vegetables or dark bread in with this ramen, and you'll be fine.

Congratulations on your purchase. She's a gem.

Latest posts