Noventa Tele

SpringTank

Strat-Talker
Feb 14, 2019
Canada
Who's got one? What do you think? Likes, dislikes, etc.

I've been eye-balling them for awhile now, but I'm not sure if the single pickup would get old real quick. I've owned LP jrs and the tone and volume controls keep it interesting. Can the Noventa Tele get a good variety of sounds using the controls?

Unfortunately none of the stores near me stock them.

nifnof70

Strat-O-Master
Feb 8, 2017
Harpers Ferry WV
There's a lot to be said about a single pickup guitar that makes you use the volume and tone to get the sounds you want! You'll never really know until you try one for yourself.

I have to admit they look kinda cool!

gmann

Strat-Talker
Mar 7, 2009
Okinawa, Japan
I have 2 regular Esquires and earlier this yr I got a Noventa. I love mine and think it’s very versatile. Then again, being an Esquire player I’m always using my vol. and tone knobs. I’m still surprised by the number of people who have a set ‘em and forget ‘em approach to their guitars controls. Lots of tones there if you turn the knobs.

jvin248

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 10, 2014
Michigan

My most often played Tele is an Esquire-H. Before that I played a LP Junior a lot. The Junior taught be to be a better player having only the single pickup. I used to be worried about 'versatility' of a single pickup guitar but after that junior I found it's not a problem and in fact often a benefit as I learned to play better.

walter01

Strat-Talker
Jan 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Who's got one? What do you think? Likes, dislikes, etc.

I've been eye-balling them for awhile now, but I'm not sure if the single pickup would get old real quick. I've owned LP jrs and the tone and volume controls keep it interesting. Can the Noventa Tele get a good variety of sounds using the controls?

Unfortunately none of the stores near me stock them.
Single pickup guitars are so great! I have been playing original Kramer Barettas ever since they came out in the 1980’s. Onstage, being the singer and harmonica player, I find that I am too busy to bother with changing selector switches or using tone controls. Barettas are fantastic guitars. Certainly NOY one trick ponies! Old Seymour Reverse Zebra JB’s, especially those wound by Señora Juarez in California, respond to the way you play. IE ease off the heavy picking/strumming and move towards the fretboard, the tone and volume change. Move picking hand toward the Floyd and it becomes solo heaven. Of course, I deck all my Floyds. Old Barettas are not scooped. It was good enough for Eddie after all.
I also took the singles out of my Strat. Simpler the better! Pignoses are great too!

Attachments

• 8015D67C-96A9-4498-991C-96CF96EE2ABB.jpeg
    8015D67C-96A9-4498-991C-96CF96EE2ABB.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 5
  • F8B66F70-8269-4202-9804-B6604100FF5A.jpeg
    F8B66F70-8269-4202-9804-B6604100FF5A.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 5

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
I’m always using my vol. and tone knobs. I’m still surprised by the number of people who have a set ‘em and forget ‘em approach to their guitars controls. Lots of tones there if you turn the knobs.
This ☝️

To me, using the knobs is part of playing the electric guitar. It's just part of the skills you should learn.

There are endless threads about "how do I get this sound, or that sound?" or "What is the most versatile guitar?" yet a lot of people don't even think about turning the knobs.

There are usually a bunch of knobs on the amp too.

Guitar Hobbyist

Strat-Talk Member
Oct 25, 2021
Virginia
Telecaster Custom. One humbucker and one single coil. Volume and tone controls for each pickup. G&L Rampage (ala Jerry Cantrell). One pickup and one volume knob. No tone control.

Tremendo

Strat-Talk Member
Jan 19, 2022
Kingwood (Houston) TX
I have a Noventa strat (2 pickup), got it new maybe 4 months ago. Plays well, looks cool, and P90's sound. Reasonably built. Does give more hum plugged in than anything else, especially trying to overdrive and it's more sensitive to prefer clean AC power.

Louder output than singles, less snap and more mid range.

Keeffan

New Member!
Aug 4, 2022
SC
My Noventa Tele has become my #1. I've always liked and owned LP Jrs over the years but never got the tone out of them I had in my head. The Noventa gets me there. It does a better job at copping LPJ tones and keeping the tele snap in my opinion.

teleamp

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
May 21, 2009
Prairie Hill, TX
In my opinion as someone who plays only Esquires... The Noventa would be much like the LP Jr in versatility...the build differences are way different... Short scale vs long scale would make minor differences in the tone. But the biggest difference would be that the neck on the LP is not in a straight line with the body like a tele. This would make a major difference in feel.