NGD: Classic 70´s ash beauty!

Paulreedsmith

Strat-Talker
Apr 7, 2018
Stockholm
Could not pass on this one! Looked really good in the pictures and even beter IRL. Turn out it´s a 2-piece with a center seam!

Might look better with a rosewood neck, but the MIJ st72 neck I have does not fit the neckpocket, so might try to find one that fits!

7DXiyge.jpg

mBRCYHv.jpg

cDfGJ0U.jpg

UJlmKDF.jpg

7SU5z2V.jpg

SpeedKing

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 9, 2015
UK
That's a Vintera this time (flat pole pups, aged natural finish and the 'wrong' bent steel saddles)... rather than another MIJ yes?

Beautiful guitar ... but I think I prefer your Ash ST71 just because I prefer the non 'aged' look....It's closer to mine and Blackmore's look and IMO shows off the wood grain to it's best. They may as well have called the Vintera the Vintera '75 as in the end they've made it quite year specific (other than the lazy saddles) with flat poles yet still the 'ocb' decal on the ball of the headstock.

_DSC0021.jpg

Last edited:

HSH Classic Vibe

Strat-Talker
May 29, 2022
Republic of Squierland
I'm a child of the 70s. And I love music. Especially from that decade. But I never paid attention to guitars until about 2012. So I don't have any biases towards the looks of guitars based on my age. But I LOVE the natural look of the 70s strats I see on this page. Makes me wonder why I don't have one. I may have to wait for Stratosphere to post another CV 70s Natural body and sell the black one on my CV 70s.
And congrats to the OP. That's a beauty. Especially with that maple neck.

Paulreedsmith

Strat-Talker
Apr 7, 2018
Stockholm
That's a Vintera this time (flat pole pups, aged natural finish and the 'wrong' bent steel saddles)... rather than another MIJ yes?

Beautiful guitar ... but I think I prefer your Ash ST71 just because I prefer the non 'aged' look....It's closer to mine and Blackmore's look and IMO shows off the wood grain to it's best. They may as well have called the Vintera the Vintera '75 as in the end they've made it quite year specific (other than the lazy saddles) with flat poles yet still the 'ocb' decal on the ball of the headstock.

View attachment 571748

Yes you are right. 2019 Vintera! I got this one for the body! Would love to find a st71 neck and put on it! Those diecast saddles came late 1971 I think so I could get away with that combo! I actually like the look of the aged natural more, but I don´t like the tint on the neck.