NGD (Bedell content)

Willmunny

Thread killer
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Nw Washington USA
I am looking at a couple of acoustics, a bbt Taylor and a Bedell oh 18g.
They both seem like a good deal, I don't know much about acoustics.
The Taylor seems like a no brainer but it looks like someone has been messing with the truss rod.
The other guitar is actually in the same small town as me lol
Bedell
Bbt
Thanks for any feedback
Peace

Willmunny

Thread killer
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Nw Washington USA
Taylor sold
Bedell is a bit of a mystery to me. I think this guitar, made in China was sold by musicians friend in their deal of the day for 400ish
When I check what they make now it all seems to be high end, I think the least expensive is almost 4k
What eves, I going to try to get a look at it
Peace

Willmunny

Thread killer
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Nw Washington USA
Holy crap, this is a very nice guitar for 200$, or even 400$
Bedell obh-18g solid African mahogany, I think that means it's carved from a solid piece, idk though. Alaskan Sitka spruce top, Ebony fretboard, clay appearing inlays..
I still need to clean it and set it up, new strings etc, but she has a wonderful articulate tone, very nice fret work and an overall quality vibe.
The company has an interesting story, I won't repeat it here though.
Ps, I may have a Tom Bedell autograph on the label lol
these were manufactured in China and set up in Oregon
peace
20230120_190703.jpg 20230120_190717.jpg 20230120_190739.jpg 20230120_190750.jpg 20230120_190759.jpg 20230120_190814.jpg

Willmunny

Thread killer
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Nw Washington USA
I gave her a good clean up, added some relief, polished the frets and put new strings on.
The frets were just oxididized, not a single divot and just a couple of scratches in the pick area.
The action is still fairly high, but I am going to play it a bit before I address that.
She sounds very good, throaty and vibrant. It is interesting to hear how responsive it is to various picking attacks
Anyway
Peace

Della Street

Parasite
Platinum Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2022
USA
big congrats.
this seems like a positive score.
i personally never understood guitars without access to upper frets, but why they exist is a troll question i keep to myself out of discernment. they are everywhere, obviously, and people like them. what do you play on acoustic?

Willmunny

Thread killer
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Nw Washington USA
big congrats.
this seems like a positive score.
i personally never understood guitars without access to upper frets, but why they exist is a troll question i keep to myself out of discernment. they are everywhere, obviously, and people like them. what do you play on acoustic?
I play basically the same things that I play on electric. Taking into consideration usable fret area lol
This was purchased to be a power outage/campfire guitar. But the way she feels in my hands tells I am going to be playing regularly.
I can feel the notes, as well as hear them.
Peace