NGD—Buddy Guy Stratocaster

TConnelly

Strat-Talk Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2016
Sandy, Or.
Those polka dots always bring back some great memories. Back in the early 80s when I worked in a motorcycle shop, one of my riding buddy's girlfriends dad had a whole closet full of polyester disco shirts with that pattern. Huge collars and all. And he gave them all to my friend. Blue ones, red ones, black ones, green ones. All kinds of colors. So he gave one to each of us and we'd wear them over our jerseys. It was quite a sight!
Cheers.................Todd

stormsedge

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 7, 2012
East Tennessee, USA
Nice! How does it play? HNGD!

It plays great. The soft V neck took only a second of adjustment. I really like the tone pot arrangement with dedicated pots for the neck and middle pickup...I tend to leave my bridge pickups wide open anyway. The tremolo came decked and I see no reason to change it anytime soon. A satisfying addition.

soulman969

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 5, 2016
Denver, CO
It plays great. The soft V neck took only a second of adjustment. I really like the tone pot arrangement with dedicated pots for the neck and middle pickup...I tend to leave my bridge pickups wide open anyway. The tremolo came decked and I see no reason to change it anytime soon. A satisfying addition.
Congrats on your Buddy Guy model.

With the soft "V" profile being as popular as it is among some pretty well respected players I'm kinda curious why Fender doesn't offer it on more models than they do.

Other than the few signature models that offer it I can't think of one stock production model that does. Is the guitar playing world that devoid of "thumb up" players like me that there isn't much demand for "V" neck profiles?