New Warmoth neck finally arrives!

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
@CyFan4036 You are welcome to use these. I made them from license free images a ways back.

They are on a clear background. Depending on the print app / viewer all you will only see on the printout at the geckos. The checkerboard background indicates clear.

They should fit perfectly on a headstock and printable to 1200dpi. Special waterslide inkjet paper should be able to provide a nicely detailed decal at full resolution.

The uncompressed .tif file is 108 MB. I still have the original .psd Photoshop files too.

If you would like to use the full resolution, shoot me an email address.

**This offer is open to anyone is interested.** Image info

1669950993622.png

Last edited:

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
I Googled that because I'm always game to try something new. Now I'm not so sure...do you mean these?😳
Um, no!

These are super amazing abrasive pads that can do polishing like nothing ever you have tried.

Triple Jim

Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar
Silver Member
Feb 27, 2018
North Carolina
Most of my warmoth stuff, 6 necks, 4 bodies has been beyond excellent. I did have issues with a fat back strat neck. Needed fret work. Those super thick necks can be a pita to get relief into. Just so damn thick.
I'm sorry to hear that yours gave you trouble. I have a fatback that has behaved perfectly... both frets and relief.

Arrested Dev

Strat-O-Master
Silver Member
Jan 18, 2022
Austin, TX
perfect tint color in my opinion (based on these pictures)! nice job.
Alright! The new neck is on and 90% setup. I'll probably reduce the relief a tad, once I read the instructions on this new style truss rod. Lol. I sprayed about a half a can of aged nitro over the maple for the finish. The finish created an ever so slight yellowish hue but very natural looking. Oxford from Solo Guitars online. And as you can deduce, it doesn't need an eternity to cure either. I installed about six hours after my final coat. Honestly, I sprayed all of the coats within four hours with one hour in between coats. I need to install the string tree and add a decal and that'll put that one to rest for now. For a nut, I bought the only thing I could find locally with minimal effort and that was a Tusq XL. Other than having to shave the thickness down, it fit perfectly. It follows the curve so well and the slots are already cut low and perfect. Hmmm, maybe this will be a permanent switch for me. Now on to the quality, this one isn't as finished as my first Warmoth neck was but that was $600 and this was $300. Fret ends are acceptable and uniform but comfortable. Also, no roll to the fret board edge. I didn't expect those things however. I'll give her a good few minutes with a sanding sponge and that'll take care of that.
This neck is wider, 43mm, than I'm used to. I think this width is much more appropriate for the size of my fingers. There is way less sloppiness in my playing now. Lol. BTW, ebony with stainless vintage frets are an amazing combo! View attachment 608541 View attachment 608542

CyFan4036

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2018
You are here
perfect tint color in my opinion (based on these pictures)! nice job.
Thanks! I do like that the tint is subtle. I've never sprayed a neck before and it was so easy. I have really been enjoying this kind of work as I get older. Hell, I might even buy the equipment to start cutting my own bodies and necks.

EC Strat

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 16, 2018
Louisville Kentucky
I remember the feeling when mine FINALLY arrived. Wow 😯 they make such nice necks You’ll definitely need a luthier to finish up the set up / fret work though

CyFan4036

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2018
You are here
I remember the feeling when mine FINALLY arrived. Wow 😯 they make such nice necks You’ll definitely need a luthier to finish up the set up / fret work though
I like doing my own finish work. It's pretty easy actually. The two high frets I have are so minimal that I'm not bothering with it right now. It has no impact on string height or playability so I'll deal with it when I polish the frets and roll the fretboard.

revtime

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 17, 2014
kansas
I'm sorry to hear that yours gave you trouble. I have a fatback that has behaved perfectly... both frets and relief.
Well it sounds worse than it was. It just needed a bit of work. I got spoiled with the other warmoth necks I have being damn near perfect. You start to expect it every time. And thats unrealistic for any manufactuer. This also was pretty much the cheapest warmoth neck I ever bought. Not that it should matter but it is what it is.

Butcher of Strats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2022
Maine
Most of my warmoth stuff, 6 necks, 4 bodies has been beyond excellent. I did have issues with a fat back strat neck. Needed fret work. Those super thick necks can be a pita to get relief into. Just so damn thick.
They may have moved toward a solution to fatbacks not getting relief. My most recen fatback arrived with .026 relief just sitting, no strings.
Takes about 1 1/2 turns of the truss rod to get straight, again with no strings. Last half turn being quite hard.
My newest '59 profile has .012 relief with no string tension.
Have to guess that to ensure bigger necks can get relief with lighter strings, they may tighten the truss rod a bit before final sanding of the fingerboard?
IDK, almost want to return the neck with what amounts to up bow, more than relief, with no string tension.
The .012 is fine and does ensure even the lightest srings get relief.
.026 is more like warped.

Last edited: