New guy, new Strat… and amp questions…

Noobieoldie

Strat-Talker
Jan 23, 2022
Austin, TX
My grandfather is no longer with us, but I grew up spending every summer at his house on Cape Cod. His local guitar shop was Charlie’s Music, better known as Cape Cod Audio.
Love Cape Cod. I spent parts of each summer in my grandparents' home in Wellfleet as a kid. My mom had a home in Orleans on the Cape for many years, and my dad (now 92) and stepmom have lived in Sandwich since the 70s. I'll be taking my daughter there in August.

Alex_C

Strat-Talker
Apr 19, 2021
Florida
Welcome! Nice guitar.

You may want to check out the UA Dream or Woodrow amp sim pedals. They are getting rave reviews.
This would replace the Joyo.

The video gets better at 3:45, I'd recommend starting there to hear the pedals in action.

Olympic Tortoise

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 14, 2022
NY
Loving the look of that Ashdown bass rig... I'll assume it wouldn't be powerful enough to gig with... or would it?
I’ve never tried as I have several other amps that are more suited to gigging. This was the cool little stack that I picked up to keep in my home office/music room, first tried because of it’s looks, bought because of how good it sounds. It is only 60 watts, and the cabs are very small and shallow, not meant for long throw bass, but for up close intimate listening when playing at home.

J-Mart

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 17, 2020
Tx
Let me kick that dead horse one more time. I was skeptical about the Katana, but I got one for my son like 2 weeks ago and it is really cool. Spring for the 100w MKII and the big footswitch and you can do some serious damage.

And dont focus on the 100w, the output is not the reason to get it, it has more functions than the 50.

Olympic Tortoise

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 14, 2022
NY
Let me kick that dead horse one more time. I was skeptical about the Katana, but I got one for my son like 2 weeks ago and it is really cool. Spring for the 100w MKII and the big footswitch and you can do some serious damage.

And dont focus on the 100w, the output is not the reason to get it, it has more functions than the 50.
I think that one day I will probably do just that, or maybe even the Artist model. For now, I’m enjoying ripping through lessons on truefire and using the Yamaha THR10ii that I picked up to really dive into the different sounds, mostly with my headphones on so I as not to embarrass myself or annoy my family, lol.