More than one tele?

Headstock

Strat-Talk Member
May 19, 2015
London, UK
Just the one Tele -- but it's a doozy...

Also has a lovely rich, warm Don Mare custom neck pup that was installed before I acquired it.

IMG_5900.JPG

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

I really love my Tele. I came to them relatively late (after my Strats and Lesters) but there are certain things it does SO well that a Strat just can't manage.

Overall, compared to my other electrics, I kinda feel like a Tele is a Tele is a Tele, but maybe that would change if I had a different one? I guess some folks say much the same about Strats.

Anyway, I'm a little dubious about "needing" another but I guess my criteria for wanting a second version of any guitar is always "what would it do differently than the one I already have...?"

I use a lot of open tuning and slide, so having a second similar guitar that I can keep in an alternate tuning makes a lot of sense to me -- that's how I fairly quickly ended up with my second Strat (many, many years ago). I do like the '52 I have because it does the "Tele thang" so well but I have to admit that, if I ever get a second one, I'd probably keep this one in open-E and the other would then live in standard tuning.

In an ideal world, then, I'm looking for just one more:
A '62-type Tele with a slab rosewood board, ideally a bound Custom in Lake Placid Blue. A Fender Japan MIJ TL62B would fit the bill perfectly, if only I could find the right one...

mazzolar59

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Apr 27, 2018
Chicago
I have a few Strats but only one tele. I don’t even look at any because I don’t think it would ever see any play time due to the one I have. Strats are Strats, all mine are very similar in specs but all sound/feel and play different I can justify buying more.

I think me being a bass player and searching for a certain tone, finally finding it with my current bass rig, I never look at any basses or bass amps ever. It’s the same with this tele, it’s tone, feel and build quality makes it so I don’t feel the need to look elsewhere because I know it probably won’t get played.

Anyone else have this feeling when it comes to a certain, guitar, bass or amp?
I feel like that when it comes to my LP. Having one is all I'll ever need (although, if I came across a P90 LP Special at a good price I would have to pull the trigger). As for Tele's and Strat's, you can never have enough....lol. Seriously, given the financial flexibility, I would have a room full of strats and teles all day long. I love them in every configuration and color combination you can come up with.

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel like that when it comes to my LP. Having one is all I'll ever need (although, if I came across a P90 LP Special at a good price I would have to pull the trigger). As for Tele's and Strat's, you can never have enough....lol. Seriously, given the financial flexibility, I would have a room full of strats and teles all day long. I love them in every configuration and color combination you can come up with.

Oh yeah if money wasn’t a issue I’d have all kinds of fenders, 3 or 4 of each. Just with this tele it checks all the boxes I need in a tele. I mean a esquire would be cool, a deluxe tele with a couple wide range pickups, yes I’d go for it. Maybe it’s just the 50’s style tele that I have covered.

Uncle Salty

Strat-Talk Member
Feb 8, 2019
Pa.
I had three at one point. Now I have one. It's all I need.

Attachments

• 5 (463x800).jpg
    5 (463x800).jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1 (738x800).jpg
    1 (738x800).jpg
    325 KB · Views: 0

ThreeChordWonder

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 2, 2020
Cypress TX
One Fender Player, blue burst top, Fender gen4 Noiseless pickups.

One DIY, black double bound solid body with SD Hotrails.

One DIY barncaster with SD Little 59 bridge and Vintage Stack neck.

One DIY mahogany thinline with SD La Brea pickups.

One DIY solid about to be rebodied as a wine red thinline with SD Quarterpounders.

A third DIY thinline about to be started. It will have P90s.
Correction:

The solidbody (tobacco burst) that was going to be rebodied as a wine red thinline remains.

A wine red double bound bodied with SD Vintage Broadcasters was added, and the DIY thinline with P90s was finished, bringing the count to seven.

felis

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 27, 2013
Antwerp/Belgium
Only one Tele, technically a Breezysound that made my 2007 Fender Baja, 1980s Hohner The Prinz and original1966 Fender Telecaster obsolete!
Bosuil-Brussels.jpg