King of Tone Pedal: Four Years in the Making!

Raiders757

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 2, 2016
Virginia
I haven't been a regular around here in a while so it's been a long time since I posted a NPD thread. This one has me excited though. Finally!! After four years of waiting my King of Tone pedal has arrived. When I got on the waiting list it said two years. Two years later I hadn't heard a thing and completely forgot about it. Didn't even care to be honest, as I have a slew of OD pedals. Out of nowhere last month (August) I got an email telling me that I was at the front of the line. I was surprised and with the demand for this pedal being so high there was no way I was turning down the opportunity. Sadly I won't be able to check it out for a few days as my jam room is going under a transition that is keeping me from using it. Until then I am creating a new pedalboard featuring the KoT and my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah I got two weeks ago. I am extremely excited and can't wait to see what the hype is all about. Cheers!!

kot.jpg

Raiders757

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 2, 2016
Virginia
HNPD! I have never had the opportunity to play one of those, so please give us a sound demo ASAP!
Thank you. I'll see what I can do.

What kills me is not being able to try it out tonight. My jam room is stacked full of gear and furniture due to getting new carpet installed and my girlfriend moving in. I'm excited to try it out.

jumpbluesdude

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 15, 2012
eau claire, wi
I tried one when a buddy got his. I didn’t think they were worth the extreme prices, but then, what is? I bought a clone for $60. Are you an investor or musician? I had #807 Gold Klon. It was a nice pedal worth the $250 I paid second hand in 1996. It wasn’t worth the $1300 I sold it for in 2013. I have a clone that sounded better than the KTR I bought to replace it. It’s all driven by dealers who have to make a living. They drive the market.

Hawk8789

Strat-Talker
Apr 11, 2013
Las Vegas, Nv
I tried one when a buddy got his. I didn’t think they were worth the extreme prices, but then, what is? I bought a clone for $60. Are you an investor or musician? I had #807 Gold Klon. It was a nice pedal worth the $250 I paid second hand in 1996. It wasn’t worth the $1300 I sold it for in 2013. I have a clone that sounded better than the KTR I bought to replace it. It’s all driven by dealers who have to make a living. They drive the market.
I would not say they are extremely priced when ordering one from the designer/builder. In fact I think they’re very reasonably priced. Second hand is another story of course.

I’m in love with my gold archer and I have no desire to try a ‘real’ Klon, and I doubt the KoT will ever reach prices that high. I don’t know how many Analogman has made, but I’m sure he’s already passed the Klon in numbers a long time ago.

Raiders757

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 2, 2016
Virginia

I would never pay the extreme prices these pedals are getting right now on the second hand market. Heck no. Especially for the Klon. I've never had the luxury of trying one, but I have tried high end clones though. The King of Tone, however, is an awesome pedal to me. It's well worth the asking price straight from the source. Never expected to wait four years to get one, but I am glad I have one now. Mine won't be for sale for the foreseeable future.