Kimberly Bass?

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Anyone know anything about these? Been looking for a cheap bass just to have one around and this looked interesting, but I don't know anything about them. Supposedly dates to late 60's. Looks sorta like a cheap knockoff of a Hofner. Always liked that look.

Any info appreciated.

TIA

1659795966134.png

Hugh

Got Cluck ?
Jul 26, 2009
Louisville (KY)
Teisco quality. Some were branded Norma.

Looks cool but never played one. The six string solid bodies I've played had terrible tuners and the pickups didn't grab me.

I have no idea what would be a good price on one of them.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Teisco quality. Some were branded Norma.

Looks cool but never played one. The six string solid bodies I've played had terrible tuners and the pickups didn't grab me.

I have no idea what would be a good price on one of them.
Thanks for the response Hugh. I was beginning to wonder if no one had ever even heard of them.

The seller has kept it in nice condition for a 50+ y.o. bass. Don't know about the pups either. I did wonder how easy it might be to put in some others if I didn't like them. Other than the obvious hassles of working with a semi-hollow I don't know what sort of modifications, if any, would be required to put the set of Quarter Pounders I have in the shop in it.

The price ($250 asking) would seem okay for just a bass to fiddle around with. I play guitar but would like to switch off once in awhile.

Hugh

Got Cluck ?
Jul 26, 2009
Louisville (KY)
Well, if you want to use the quarter pounders I would look at a Squire Mini P Bass. Those are cheap and have a big fan base over on TalkBass forum.

But then again that's me not curious about the Kimberly. If it intrigues you though, it may be a cool project.

All the best either way