Killed Sirius Dead

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
Wait a minute- isn’t all salt sea salt? I think I’ll take my chances with solution mined salt from prehistoric underground deposits. “Sea Salt” produced by evaporating todays polluted sea water has no appeal to me. Especially at the boutique foodie price premium.
Sodium chloride

Stratbats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Used to have it, somewhat enjoy the jazz station at work. But yes, they play the same thing over and over... Rarely any Billie Holiday (& nothing with her and Prez, esp the early sruff); very rare to hear Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Monk, etc-- which is insane. I know she has her fans, but between Blossom Dearie and Sassy (or Ella or Bille) I know who I'll take...

StratUp

Dr. Stratster
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I like basic sea salt. Not that hipster pink stuff or whatever. No iodine in me salt either. American processed foods typically have way too much sodium.

There are so many foods that do well with a tiny amount of salt. I was a zero table salt guy, until I discovered pure sea salt.

I fell down the rabbit hole for "finishing" salt. Maldon really is a great salt to sparingly add to a dish just prior to serving.

A pinch with a little crush of the pyramids is the Cat's Pajamas! Random bursts of salt goodness.

Note: All salt is sea salt. Some just started drying a very long time ago.

ButchA

Strat-Talker
No more in my truck.

Kill Kill Kill

Increased to $190 a year so I said nyet.

Pandora $54 a year and I get to hear the songs I have in the stations I created.

Metamucil went up 20% but I have to bite the bullet on that one.
Holy crap!!! $190 bucks? Sirius-ly?!? :eek:

I just logged into my account, and I have a basic subscription plan for $54.97 every 3 months.

Clickitysplit

Strat-O-Master
May 25, 2021
Temecula, CA
My Dad (RIP) had the foresight to get a lifetime subscription over a decade ago and my 80 yr old Mom managed to get it transferred all by herself into her brand new RDX. So proud of her! 😁

In my oats I go with a 1/2 teaspoon of butter and a tablespoon each of peanut butter and jelly plus a nice poached egg. Easily gets me through to lunch.

CyFan4036

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Mar 22, 2018
You are here
No more in my truck.

Kill Kill Kill

Pandora $54 a year and I get to hear the songs I have in the stations I created.

There's gotta be some fiber in here for us!
20220908_044238.jpg
I'll go first and report back...maybe. Cheap though:oops:🤣

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
No more in my truck.

Kill Kill Kill

Works for some people, doesn't work for others.

Streaming doesn't work for those who don't have unlimited plans, or who spend a lot of time in areas without 4G/5G network coverage.

rolandson

Dr. Stratster
Jul 13, 2015
Foothills of the Cascades
Now I remember this...!

When I bought my car in 2011 it had something called XM. Sometimes without prompting, the navigation system would turn itself on and I'd get a warning that something was happening on the road ahead...or behind...or a mile on either side.

I was never successful at turning the f*ker off and the instruction manual for it was 4 times thicker than the car's owner's manual. And, it was written in weird tech speak, which I had abandoned many years earlier.

Then about 3 months after buying the car I got a thing in the mail from XM telling me that if I "wanted to continue enjoying..." I'd have to send them money.

Therein lay the solution to my problem...I finally figured out how to turn it off...Yea !!!