Is one's guitar collection truly complete without

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
St. Vincent signature Music Man?

of course, her playing is kind of... avant-garde 😕 and the singing has certain F. F. Jenkins quality, but

Ms. Clark is just so pretty that i'm lucky she's not peddling gout, 'cause i would consider getting it.

cool instrument and i want one. what about you?

View attachment 573201 View attachment 573202
Cool if you like Fugly.

revtime

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 17, 2014
kansas
I think some detractors are missing the point.

The St Vincent guitars were designed by her as a woman because most normal styles tend to dig into a ladies' bosom.

I think she is a breath of fresh air personally.
But isnt that the main attraction of a endowed woman playing guitar? From a red blooded mans POV. I can appreciate talent with the playing. But be honest....you are not immune to the power of the mammary.

The guitar is made by EBMM. Of course its a top notch piece of kit. But I will speak just for myself, when it comes to the shape of the guitar I want it to fit and feel familiar.

joebtone

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Jan 26, 2022
Northwest US
St. Vincent signature Music Man?

of course, her playing is kind of... avant-garde 😕 and the singing has certain F. F. Jenkins quality, but

Ms. Clark is just so pretty that i'm lucky she's not peddling gout, 'cause i would consider getting it.

cool instrument and i want one. what about you?

View attachment 573201 View attachment 573202
That guitar makes me think of Devo.
The girl looks squeaky against it.

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal

The St Vincent guitars were designed by her as a woman because most normal styles tend to dig into a ladies' bosom.

Yeah I heard that too, and I like Annie Clark but look at the orange picture, the top "horn" of the guitar is digging right in, or it seems, but what do I know my issue is my guitar is digging in my belly not my bosom, though the belly thing is slowly going away

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM

Guitar players “designing“ their signature guitars is a stretch. They had a conversation with a luthier and the luthier designed the guitar to match her idea. Unless she has a wood shop with a bandsaw and a bunch of hand tools she didn’t design anything. She might have drawn the body shape on a piece of paper and then told someone what kind of pickups she liked.

Both St Vincent and the guitar are fine, but she isn’t a guitar designer or guitar builder.

Last edited:

tanta07

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2019
Colorado
Guitar players “designing“ their signature guitars is a stretch. They had a conversation with a luthier and the luthier designed the guitar to match her idea. Unless she has a wood shop with a bandsaw and a bunch of hand tools she didn’t design anything. She might have drawn the body shape on a piece of paper and then told someone what kind of pickups she liked.

Both St Vincent and the guitar are fine, but she isn’t not a guitar designer or guitar builder.

Attachments

• tumblr_0493c62d9802355c1469bc31fba55305_782f2ca0_500.gif
    tumblr_0493c62d9802355c1469bc31fba55305_782f2ca0_500.gif
    484.3 KB · Views: 4

omahaaudio

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 21, 2014
France
I kinda have the same feel for H.E.R. and her H.E.R. Strat
I recently saw a vid of her playing(one supposes) to a rather large and raucous crowd, she got a couple of nice D's in and what looked like a C underneath a whole bunch of distortion and delay. Iunno maybe it's me.
I've seen a few videos of H.E.R. and consider her to be a Prince-wannabe without nearly as much talent.

("she got a couple of nice D's in and what looked like a C underneath a whole bunch of distortion and delay." is an excellent review.)