Informal jam Vancouver, BC, Canada

Kerry Brown

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2014
BC, Canada
On another forum I’m organizing an informal jam in January or February. Players of all instruments, ability, ages are welcome. Message me if you are interested and I’ll keep you up to date on the plans. It will be on a Saturday or Sunday, somewhere in the greater Vancouver area in a rented rehearsal space. It will be followed by a dinner at a bar or restaurant. It would be great to meet some Strat-Talkers in person, play some music, and drink some beverages afterward.

monte merrick

Most Honored Senior Member
On another forum I’m organizing an informal jam in January or February. Players of all instruments, ability, ages are welcome. Message me if you are interested and I’ll keep you up to date on the plans. It will be on a Saturday or Sunday, somewhere in the greater Vancouver area in a rented rehearsal space. It will be followed by a dinner at a bar or restaurant. It would be great to meet some Strat-Talkers in person, play some music, and drink some beverages afterward.
I’m a definite maybe…

WhiteWabbit

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 6, 2014
Canada
You do realize that there is a Vancouver in Washington. Yes? 😉
Well maybe it’s because I’m Canadian but I expect Vancouver, BC to be enough..that’s a province within Canada..You wouldn’t say Los Angeles, California, United States of America. Sounds unnecessarily specific. Lol

Kerry Brown

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2014
BC, Canada
Bumping this up to keep it in mind. Looking at different studios. Has anyone used Pandora Studios? It is quite central. The rooms look good on their website.

Kerry Brown

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2014
BC, Canada
First thing in the new year I'll be booking the studio. Reminder it's Sunday, Feb. 19. All levels of players invited. If you drum or play bass you are needed. If you don't, invite someone who does. I can struggle through on bass if needed but I'm hopeless on drums. Some keys would be nice as well

Kerry Brown

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2014
BC, Canada
Bump to the top.

I’m going to book the studio next week. It’s on a Sunday. I was thinking noon until 5:00 PM. That should give us a little more than four hours of playing time. Does anyone have any other ideas? Too long? Not long enough? Too early to start?

Kerry Brown

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2014
BC, Canada
The studio is booked for Sunday Feb 19 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Hope to see some people from Strat-Talk there. There is a drum kit, PA, bass amp, and two 4x12 guitar cabs supplied with the room. Rental gear is available. I will bring a couple of spare guitars and amps you can borrow. Nothing fancy, a Quilter 101R (should be very nice with one of the 4 x12's), an old 100 watt Peavey Bandit, an SG, an Epiphone Dot, a Yamaha LL 16M with a LR Baggs DI, Tokai PBass, three microphones. You are welcome to bring your own gear.

There is free parking, several restaurants close by. It will be a fun afternoon.

Last edited:

FrieAsABird

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 18, 2020
Germany
Sounds like a good time, a certain ocean (the Atlantic kind) will prevent me from making it though, sadly :( Y’all have fun though and post some pics please!

Kerry Brown

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 5, 2014
BC, Canada
Bump to remind everyone this is happening Feb 19. Let me know if you are planning to attend. If you want to play any songs list them here. Or we can just jam. Still looking for another drummer and another bass. Bring your gear or borrow some of mine.