I love Geddy Lee

stratnutz

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 10, 2011
Gar-land TX
Geddy Lee is fantastic and the perfect vocalist .............. for Rush
but not for say Journey or Fleetwood Mac.
I could imagine he would be great with AC/DC as a vocalist,
not bass as he would be an over player.

Last edited:

bluejazzoid

Strats Amore
Silver Member
Aug 14, 2009
Southeast USA
As a longtime Rush fan, I've grown to love and appreciate Geddy's vocals more and more over the years. Seriously: you can't have The Temples Of Syrinx without Geddy's screeching vocals.... I mean, the priests of the temples ARE freaking aliens for cryin' out loud -- Geddy's voice makes it real.

It would not be the same with anybody else singing.

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Was none better.
They probably were the best at Prog Rock. I just hated all of it. Always have and always will.

If it even sounds a little like Prog Rock I don't like it. There are Zeppelin songs that enter Prog Rock territory and those aren't my favorites of theirs either.

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
They probably were the best at Prog Rock. I just hated all of it. Always have and always will.

If it even sounds a little like Prog Rock I don't like it. There are Zeppelin songs that enter Prog Rock territory and those aren't my favorites of theirs either.
Rush best at Prog? Nope or maybe from North America.

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania

Lol. I have no idea. I really hate Prog Rock that much!
If it were not for your many other fine attributes, I'd have to de-friend you. You are a solid contributor, with questionable Prog tastes.

No early Yes, Genesis or King Crimson? I assume you are ok with Pink Floyd?

GoatKid.png

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
If it were not for your many other fine attributes, I'd have to de-friend you. You are a solid contributor, with questionable Prog tastes.

No early Yes, Genesis or King Crimson? I assume you are ok with Pink Floyd?
Pink Floyd I like but...... The later Gilmour years and Floyd while technical also have flow/feeling/vibe. Think Pulse live (but not even all of that). I'm not a fan of all Pink Floyd stuff.

Not a fan of Genesis or Yes. Have no idea who King Crimson is and won't likely look into them after this.

I'm not a dedicated fan of any band. Many of my favorite bands also have music I can't stand. If I were to listen to all music labeled Prog Rock in sure I would find some gems in there too. However, I have no interest in wading through tons of stuff I don't like to find a hidden gem when there are millions and millions of songs i do like. In the case of Rush even a song I might have liked will be ruined (for me) by Geddy's voice.

I'm willing to admit I know more about guitars in general than I do about music in general. Lol.

Last edited: