I could be wrong, but doesn't Emily Osment play a Gibson Hummingbird in this photo?

IMMusicRulz

Strat-Talker
Aug 10, 2020
Atlanta, GA
1665159760844.png

Look very closely at this photo...It certainly has that big pickguard and the split parallelogram fret markers that appear on most Gibson Hummingbirds...is that a Hummingbird Emily Osment is playing?

I did also want to ask what year that Gibson acoustic was manufactured in? It looks to be a newer Gibson...but I don't know.

And yes, Emily Osment is more well known as an actress, she was on Hannah Montana and she's also voiced numerous characters on Family Guy...but when she starred alongside Miley Cyrus on Hannah Montana, Miley allegedly taught Emily how to play the guitar. Emily's actually a pretty good singer--she's actually released a few singles every now and then. This one is my favorite:

But if anyone has info on the Gibson Emily is posing and playing with please let me know.

AntStrat

Dr. Stratster
May 6, 2019
US
gibson-hummingbird-sb-full-front.jpg

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
View attachment 597168

Look very closely at this photo...It certainly has that big pickguard and the split parallelogram fret markers that appear on most Gibson Hummingbirds...is that a Hummingbird Emily Osment is playing?

I did also want to ask what year that Gibson acoustic was manufactured in? It looks to be a newer Gibson...but I don't know.

And yes, Emily Osment is more well known as an actress, she was on Hannah Montana and she's also voiced numerous characters on Family Guy...but when she starred alongside Miley Cyrus on Hannah Montana, Miley allegedly taught Emily how to play the guitar. Emily's actually a pretty good singer--she's actually released a few singles every now and then. This one is my favorite:

But if anyone has info on the Gibson Emily is posing and playing with please let me know.

It’s a J-185 reissue.