How Many of You…

fos1

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 7, 2018
Texas
My very successful daughter visited our home for the first time in 9+ years last week. She saw my guitars hanging on the wall, counted out each one and then questioned why I needed five guitars!!! She then asked if I had a cheap one that her three year old daughter could play. She was astounded that my cheapest guitar (my beautiful Warmoth Neck Parts Caster cost about $400 plus neck). I don't think she is going to give me a guitar for my birthday. ? ;)

Mind you, she is driving a month old BMW SUV ($100K+) that she keeps in her four car garage along with a Lexus and her husbands two sports cars.....

PS. I did let my granddaughter play the S type while I held it for her. Maybe she will grow up to be a guitar player?

PPS. Cat's In The Cradle.... :(

Last edited:

Electgumbo

Not Of This Earth
Dec 26, 2010
Scott, La.
My wife seldom buys me anything guitar related. She bought me a Blues Jr. one Christmas cause I mentioned it would be nice to get one. And she got me this fancy G&G Fender case another Christmas but she did it all on her own. It’s like Alligator skin on the out side…. Not real Alligator skin … but it’s pretty cool looking. She knows I like different style cases for my guitars.

Edit… It’s not that she doesn’t want to buy me a guitar… she just figures she’ll buy the wrong one and I’d keep it anyway not to hurt her feeling. But this one time around Christmas we were cruising the pawn shops for jewelry for her. We found a CS ES-175 at a good price. It was even better when I showed her what they cost. She left me at the pawn shop and drove home to get the check book so I could buy it. That was almost like she bought it sorta…

E4E0444E-4D26-4CE2-B4C3-FAEBE31A5CC0.jpeg FE2A4C8D-3473-4E6D-9EC3-01D944533258.jpeg

Last edited:

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
I buy used and my wife would have no clue what to buy me, but she does allow me to buy guitars at times as a gift from her. I always run anything over $300 by her first before I buy it. Thanks to her I picked up a 1991 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez EP7 (Steve Vai Signature) Acoustic (no good photo of it), and a D'Angelico Excel SS. All of the others were low priced or something I bought with my "music gear" allowance.
20141204_132242.jpg 20220126_101100.jpg EP7.jpg

nigelr

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 28, 2014
Switzerland
My wife never bought me much, but she never stopped me buying anything either. A few years ago I was trying to get into session playing, and she encouraged me to go out and get the missing guitars that I might need. Generally we don't spend much on each other, just support each other in our own hobbies.

Nick L Plate

Strat-Talker
Sep 15, 2020
Santa Barbara
My wife knows music and guitars and me far too well to just buy me a guitar. I only buy special, uncommon instruments -- I don't hoard, go for the "it was so cheap!!!" or "I need a semi-hollow" stuff -- so when I find something that I think would be great to play, I mention it to her like a normal human being, and she always agrees with me, not just to be right, but because she does. "You work hard. You should buy that" is how she puts it. When she's interested inb something in her area of expertise, I do the same. We really don't want these kids of things to become an issue, because the enjoyment would disappear.

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Mrs. Believer hasn't actually bought me a guitar but when we were dating she bought me my favorite guitar strap with a few other bits and bobs. She was, however, complicit in me getting the Jackson RRx24M as a celebration of when we paid off our last house a few years ago.
Updated RR.jpg

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2020
Amber
My fiance doesn't like "music" at all, not into my guitar thing, so I don't play in front of her, she knows naught about any of it.

BUT..... she knows where GC is and she loves to buy gift cards! 😍

Village Idiot

Strat-Talker
Jun 13, 2022
Scottsdale
My girl is fantastic in a myriad of ways. Buys me wonderful gifts for years.

However, I buy what I want, when I want. King trumps Queen…always😎 It’s simple biology. Kind of like the two genders are🤔

Deafsoundguy

CERTIFIED HACK
Silver Member
Mar 6, 2020
Area 51
I guess I’m a lucky bastard. Last year after my mom-in-law passed away, I was the one doing ALL the dirty work on 160 aces of land. 3 hrs of driving time 2 to 4 days a week. Long ass hours. My wife said you need another guitar 😍. Well okay then!!!!

Anything you want she said. I didn’t want push it and I wanted to stay with another Reverend and it had to be surf green! So I got this-
E3B68337-51A7-4286-AFD5-8C122E230611.jpeg
And then it gets better! A few months later when all the dust settles from all the work I did and dealing with her highly psycho nut job sister, she felt so bad that she got me a pair of excellent studio monitors too. :)

Damn fine woman she is. Did I mention she looks 20 years younger than she is? :p