Has the Fender LSR Roller Nut changed?

Zero Cool

Strat-Talk Member
Dec 29, 2013
Vienna
Hi all, I need to replace my LSR Roller nut and just compared mine (based off of photos) to what Fender now sells. My American Deluxe Strat is from 2010. The current LSR Roller Fender sells has slightly rounded edges (from photos at least) and has a black plastic piece in addition that I do not have on my guitar. Please see pics for comparison.

Does anyone know if the LSR Roller nut Fender is currently selling will fit seamlessly into my guitar? Ideally I want to unscrew the old one and screw in the new one and that be all.

Thanks for your help!
IMG_3831.JPG IMG_3832.JPG Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 16.35.37.png

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
It is a seamless replacement and should fit just like the one you have. That Black piece you are looking at is for installation on a shelf like that of a Floyd Rose locking nut. I've installed several of them and they have been the same every time. Just make sure you have the right size phillips screwdriver so look at the instructions. too big or too small and you will ruin the screws.

Why do you need to replace the existing one? You can pull the keepers off of the existing one and clean it out and re oil if it is sticking or getting rough.

Zero Cool

Strat-Talk Member
Dec 29, 2013
Vienna
Thanks a lot for your reply!

A little while back my strat took a tumble and the 'keepers' on the high e got bent up and the rollers came out (if you look closely at my pic you can see what I mean). Since then I have wondered if the metallic sound I have been getting on the open high e string is to blame for this mishap? So I figured I would put in a new nut before I do a new setup.

Am I crazy? 😅

ps are those feelers even meant to be lifted up?

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Thanks a lot for your reply!

A little while back my strat took a tumble and the 'keepers' on the high e got bent up and the rollers came out (if you look closely at my pic you can see what I mean). Since then I have wondered if the metallic sound I have been getting on the open high e string is to blame for this mishap? So I figured I would put in a new nut before I do a new setup.

Am I crazy? 😅

ps are those feelers even meant to be lifted up?
nope. Not crazy. They are not supposed to be bent like that at all.o_Oo_O

I didn't see that earlier because I was looking at my phone but that keeper is boogered for sure. When you take the old one off, if there are shims under it then keep them in the same places and just lay the new on on top of them like the old one was. in there are no shims then that is a great place to start for sure. You may need to make adjustments on the reinstall but they are simple to make...just take your time.