Grandfather clocks

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
Mom & Dad left the Emporer 100M Grandfather clock. It was a kit, Dad did the build & staining, installed the movement. I eventually maintained it. Over the years it had been moved a few times, it was losing time and what adjustments I made got it closer to digital accuracy, just never was able to synchronize it. It was Dad's project for Mom back in the 1970's. Dad's house as a live in caregiver was really room after room of clocks. He had the radio atomic clocks, but the ominous ticking and chiming of the grandfather clock was his favorite.

These were the next models up, only manual I could find.

Last edited:

muttonbuster

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 14, 2020
República de Cantaloupia
My grandparents didn't have one of those, but had a couple of Atmos clocks. As the story goes, my grandfather was given them when he was at Pricewaterhouse. He brought them home and said to my grandmother, I think these are expensive, you make them work. Being the mechanically inclined one, she had them going for half a century. Cleaned and repaired them herself at 20 years.

s5tuart

Perfecting time travel since 2525
Aug 8, 2011
All over the place!
I've given my son my Mums grandmother clock that my Dad bought her as a wedding gift.
My late brother in law collected grandfather clocks and was obsessed with try to get them all to chime at the same time! 😂

Sugarcane

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 24, 2014
On the road
No but I own this. Close enough?

B4-D406-F5-A70-F-406-D-BCB3-E248-E187-CABB.jpg

Nadnitram

Most Honored Senior Member
apparently Stranger Things references get a guy nowhere around here, LOL
Got it, loved it, just saw the thread this morning.
A series you need to get into from episode one?
I would definitely start from season 1.
yeah probably, although for my money Winona Ryder makes it worthwhile... (though i heard someone on here dis her performance as scenery chewing, but i think its exactly what the campy nature calls for...)
I was never a fan, but I am now.
I will investigate then. Thanks!
I was born in '68. This series is set in, what, '84? So it's very cool in a nostalgic way for me, and my kids love it, too. Don't go in expecting Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones -- it's not that kind of show. It has more of an E.T. feel to it.

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2020
Amber
I just looked at my original post with the Les Paul next to the clock....got to thinking.....what if I built a really BIG music-themed clock, using a guitar as the pendulum?