First rehearsal with new band, so stoked.

bbarott

Most Honored Senior Member
Mar 29, 2010
Marietta Georgia
Said nothing about this until now incase it went bad. Established, known band in the southeast, regulars at all been to all the big shows including SG101 and Surfer Joes several times. Lost a guitar player not long ago and asked yours truly and it floored me. So had the first run-through today and the next ones are scheduled.

Brought my #1 to the rehearsal studio and was faced with having to choose between a blond 1962 showman or bandmaster with a 62 showman cab loaded with 2x JBLs and a vintage tank, incredible. Beautifully maintained too. Next time just bring guitar, cables and tuner. It is awesome to have live shows in the pipeline and to be picked up by a band that's been rolling for going on 30 years just blows my mind.

Did I say great chemistry with everyone? Yep, that too. And they're even eager to start writing some new material, from what I can tell.

Totally up for this one, gonna do whatever the hell it takes. I love it when a plan comes together. Even better when there ain't no plan and it just does. Pressure's on but I'm gtg with it.

JustABluesGuy

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 3, 2016
Somewhere
Awesome news! Post updates! It’s good to see things opening back up musically speaking. Things are really starting to to perk back up here in SE Texas, and I hope to get something going but I won’t be getting headhunted by the pros like you though!

Again, congratulations! As awesome as you obviously must be, be sure to take care, and protect your ego! Don’t let your obvious amazingness go to your amazing head! 😜

bbarott

Most Honored Senior Member
Mar 29, 2010
Marietta Georgia
Awesome news! Post updates! It’s good to see things opening back up musically speaking. Things are really starting to to perk back up here in SE Texas, and I hope to get something going but I won’t be getting headhunted by the pros like you though!

Again, congratulations! As awesome as you obviously must be, be sure to take care, and protect your ego! Don’t let your obvious amazingness go to your amazing head! 😜

Oh, I'm a pretty good ways from awesome haha. What I do want to do is get back into writing material and this is an excellent chance to collaborate with some folks who are really, really good at it.

4pickupguy

Strat-O-Master
Sep 22, 2014
Texas
Wow! Big congrats on the new project! I understand the hesitancy to trumpet these kind of things because of how flakey we musicians can be! I hope this turns out to be a fun long term exploration for you all!!
Our new band had its first rehearsal last Saturday and I now look forward to getting a show put together.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Said nothing about this until now incase it went bad. Established, known band in the southeast, regulars at all been to all the big shows including SG101 and Surfer Joes several times. Lost a guitar player not long ago and asked yours truly and it floored me. So had the first run-through today and the next ones are scheduled.

Brought my #1 to the rehearsal studio and was faced with having to choose between a blond 1962 showman or bandmaster with a 62 showman cab loaded with 2x JBLs and a vintage tank, incredible. Beautifully maintained too. Next time just bring guitar, cables and tuner. It is awesome to have live shows in the pipeline and to be picked up by a band that's been rolling for going on 30 years just blows my mind.

Did I say great chemistry with everyone? Yep, that too. And they're even eager to start writing some new material, from what I can tell.

Totally up for this one, gonna do whatever the hell it takes. I love it when a plan comes together. Even better when there ain't no plan and it just does. Pressure's on but I'm gtg with it.
Best of luck. Look forward to some posted videos.