Fender frontman 212r repair

Archtop67

New Member!
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2019
South Florida
there is a video on youtube of an amp repair on one of these... you can get a new solder in pot for it... i havent worked on these but they seem pretty strait forward for a solid state amp... pots soldered on board...

Fenderpots4U

New Member!
Mar 1, 2022
Seminole, Florida
Are you absolutely sure that the value is 100K and not a 50K I have a fender frontman 212r amplifier I am replacing all the potentiometers, the volume potentiometer I have removed is a B 50K. To access the Board to remove the potentiometer you should snap shot your wiring the, power wires take some finesse at the plastic clamp and the same applies to the speaker wires. You should invest in a [solder sucker, makes it easy to remove the solder from the Board and free the potentiometer from the board.

archetype

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 26, 2016
Western NY, USA
you could use a regular pot, and solder wires from the pot to the circuit board. I fixed a red knob champ 12 using this method.

^^^This is it. Just put a normal pot in the panel and fly wire leads to the correct solder pads on the PCB. The metal bracket is there for stability, but a panel-mounted pot doesn't need that. It isn't a shield: AFAIK, nothing in the amp is shielded.

HP Einvik

New Member!
Mar 10, 2022
Norway
Are you absolutely sure that the value is 100K and not a 50K I have a fender frontman 212r amplifier I am replacing all the potentiometers, the volume potentiometer I have removed is a B 50K. To access the Board to remove the potentiometer you should snap shot your wiring the, power wires take some finesse at the plastic clamp and the same applies to the speaker wires. You should invest in a [solder sucker, makes it easy to remove the solder from the Board and free the potentiometer from the board.

I've got a 212r with sveral broken pots, and I found this manual from Fender on some obscure website. On the first page every potentiometer value are listed with reference to what it's controlling. Hope this helps anyone.

Attachments

• fender_fm-212r_sch.pdf
    733.2 KB · Views: 5

Houdi Elbow

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2021
UK
I had one of those amps years ago. If I remember right, for a 100w solid state amp it was LOUD. Decent clean channel, O/d channel nothing to write home about. But not a bad amp for the price.

Last edited: