Don’t have any tattoos, and don’t want any.

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
When I was in the USAF, my best friend and I went out on the town. We got hammered. I didn’t feel like partying anymore and went back to the dormitory and went to sleep.

He shows up the next morning with a huge Batman head tattooed on his chest. I have never been that drunk.

revtime

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 17, 2014
kansas
I think tats are cool sometimes. Other times I think "what in hell were you thinking?"
I myself never found anything I want on my body for the rest of my life.
I mean I was born like this and I have to live with it. I sure dont want to make it worse.

WhiteWabbit

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 6, 2014
Canada
But for some reason I like watching ink master. I also like looking other peoples ink.
No real point to this thread, just thought I’d share some weird **** about me. 🤓
I used to watch a show called Ghost Adventures, I don’t necessarily believe in ghosts or most of the **** they talk about but it’s fun lol

Simpleman

Strat-O-Master
Jun 27, 2010
Arkansas
@revtime "what in hell were you thinking” that’s my cousin’s tattoos. Ones a unicorns head by his elbow, a parro(when it started losing ink looked cross eyed) on the other arm, and Babydoll going down his body. Which at the time was what was on the back of his wife’s car. And nobody ever calls her babydoll. 🤦‍♂️

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
I have kind of wanted some tattoos but I have so much body hair that seems like it would be a lot of maintenance. I have contemplated having my cats and some Jrs on the inside of my forearms but have not gotten around to it.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Ink? No thanks. I never got the appeal. They do not age well.

Possibly stupid opinion: Seems the thing for those who crave attention. There are better ways of making a statement or honor this or that.
Tattoos have been part of many cultures around the world and for many centuries. If they were meaningless, I can't imagine that they would still be around.

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
Tattoos have been part of many cultures around the world and for many centuries. If they were meaningless, I can't imagine that they would still be around.
Far from meaningless - just not for me. My stupid opinion was limited to our current US culture over the past ~30 years or so. I could have added that bit...

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Far from meaningless - just not for me. My stupid opinion was limited to our current US culture over the past ~30 years or so. I could have added that bit...
I figured that, but I am not sure you can actually separate this tattoo era from previous eras. Isn't it possible that as the world has been more and more easily able to exchange culture and style and fashion that current US tattoo trends come from that exchange of culture?? It's pretty obvious that the art itself has matured. When I was young I would not have wanted a tattoo, but that's because they mostly sucked. The art is better now, hence my passing interest in the whole thing.

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
I figured that, but I am not sure you can actually separate this tattoo era from previous eras. Isn't it possible that as the world has been more and more easily able to exchange culture and style and fashion that current US tattoo trends come from that exchange of culture?? It's pretty obvious that the art itself has matured. When I was young I would not have wanted a tattoo, but that's because they mostly sucked. The art is better now, hence my passing interest in the whole thing.
Perhaps. Who knows where the tradition goes in the next 100 years?

Art is indeed in the eye of the beholder. I'd rather not wear it subdermal.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Ink? No thanks. I never got the appeal. They do not age well.

Possibly stupid opinion: Seems the thing for those who crave attention. There are better ways of making a statement or honor this or that.
Crave attention? No one even knows I have a tattoo unless I have shorts on. I don't go around announcing it every time I walk into a room. I normally don't even tell people I have one unless they ask first, which is the only time I've ever even brought it up on here. In threads such as this one.

I know I'm not the only person like that with tattoos. Many people have them in places where they aren't even visible during normal business hours aka under their shirt/pants/socks. They may have sleeves of tattoos, yet they wear a business suit all week so no one ever knows they eve; Ave tattoos. Pretty sure that's how the Yakuza in Japan were known to get theirs?

That's a heck of a generalization about people with tattoos, though.

We aren't all covered in them, hoping to shock people with them.

Latest posts