Crack in my neck pocket

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
I just noticed this extremely small chip and crack in the finish in the neck pocket of my 2012 Strat.

I know it wasn’t there the last time I looked at that spot. So my question is how much should I worry about it? I mean, I know I should worry about it, but how much?

Should I worry a little, Should I worry a lot? Should I pace the floor endlessly? Should I spend sleepless nights staring at the ceiling shaking and sweating?

Do you think the neck is going to fly off of my guitar at any given moment? Is my guitar going to explode when I’m playing it? Will there be earthquakes and tsunami’s?

Oh yeah, by the way it’s an MIM Strat. I mention that because it might make a difference in how much I should worry.

92407CD4-FAFB-4DFD-96DE-C7C11A69E57E.jpeg FE71D946-6A3F-4567-9760-BF9D8313B8AA.jpeg

Ronnie Fn D

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 1, 2022
Valrico FL
Both teles I owned did the same thing and never got any worse even tho I did nothing about it. I think for the sake of safety you should send it to me for a proper inspection period of like six months, I have a sweet Dean for a loaner I'll send you lol.

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
I just noticed this extremely small chip and crack in the finish in the neck pocket of my 2012 Strat.

I know it wasn’t there the last time I looked at that spot. So my question is how much should I worry about it? I mean, I know I should worry about it, but how much?

Should I worry a little, Should I worry a lot? Should I pace the floor endlessly? Should I spend sleepless nights staring at the ceiling shaking and sweating?

Do you think the neck is going to fly off of my guitar at any given moment? Is my guitar going to explode when I’m playing it? Will there be earthquakes and tsunami’s?

Oh yeah, by the way it’s an MIM Strat. I mention that because it might make a difference in how much I should worry.

View attachment 572267 View attachment 572266
Well..........the guitar is basically trash now. So the question is how much do you normally worry about trash?

felis

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 27, 2013
Antwerp/Belgium

Looking for safe and stable, want no more worries?....
...get yourself a nice Tokai, they don't do that.

macoshark

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 30, 2016
arizona
Well 1st thing is there is a problem. Doesn't matter if it's a stupid problem or even if it's worth mentioning. Fact is, it's a concern of some sort and needs to be obsessed over. Just when you 've taken your mind off it and onto other things go and look at it again. More than blow up, not saying it won't, it will probably crumble like an old cookie. Rumor has it some of those MIM neck pockets are Shimmed with old chocolate chip cookies. Oh yeah. Then just painted over.

somebodyelseuk

Strat-O-Master
Jan 29, 2022
Birmingham UK

Slow news day is it?
Couldn't find any spiders to pull the legs off?
🤣🤣🤣

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
That guitar is complete trash now! It's all your fault too!!! If you would have kept it properly humidified/dehumidified you wouldn't have had this problem...would you. Now stop playing with the Wangdooly and properly dispose of it!!!!