Check: Mim strat real?

thegrasshopper

Strat-Talker
Mar 15, 2021
Spain
Looks legit to me. If you could post some pics with the pickguar off, it would help a lot. As @RABIT pointed out, lots of MIM strats have this very distintictive routed holes. Mine from 2000 does indeed
In my strast (blue 2017 -White 2015) The pickups are ceramic... two bars and the poles are in the middle....pots and other electronics...they are genuine Fender also the ardware. As your guitar is older... the pickups can have another shape... But it looks original...!? see the pictures

Wayne D.

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 28, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa.
RABIT wanted to know what those holes were for on the body of the strat...

Those holes are used to hold the body in place so the CNC router machine can make percise cavites on a strat.
The CNC router if you don’t know what it is. It stands for 'Computer Numerical Control' and it’s a machine that can precisely cut a hunk of wood into the shape of a guitar body or neck. It can follow a ‘plan’ and rout body outlines, round-overs, recesses, control and pickup cavities, bridge post holes, neck pockets, tuner holes, fret slots, and on, and on. At a very simplistic level, you load up a wood blank, set the machine and it does the rest.

Last edited:

DanielB

Strat-Talker
Sep 5, 2020
Detroit, MI
I own a 2010 Fender Standard Stratocaster made in Mexico. That definitely looks like the head stock on my guitar. If you really want to confirm its
Legit, there is a site somewhere where you can plug in the serial number of a Fender guitar and find out if it is a real Fender. Go to Fender's website then go to the support section and look up serial search. I think you can also find it at www.support.fender.com/en-us/serialsearch to access it. There are other websites that can also do the same thing, just plug in fender serial number guitar search to find. Best of luck or since this is a Mexican guitar, I should say Buena suerta!
Btw I love my Made in Mexico Stratocaster, it's a real Fender Strat with great sounds but at a more reasonable price than the MIA Strats.
.I am enclosing a pic of my guitar, hopefully you can use Zoom to get a better view of the head stock s-l500 (2).jpg strat (1).jpg

Last edited:

Skywalk

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 29, 2022
Netherlands
I own a 2010 Fender Standard Stratocaster made in Mexico. That definitely looks like the head stock on my guitar. If you really want to confirm its
Legit, there is a site somewhere where you can plug in the serial number of a Fender guitar and find out if it is a real Fender. Go to Fender's website then go to the support section and look up serial search. I think you can also find it at www.support.fender.com/en-us/serialsearch to access it. There are other websites that can also do the same thing, just plug in fender serial number guitar search to find. Best of luck or since this is a Mexican guitar, I should say Buena suerta!
Btw I love my Made in Mexico Stratocaster, it's a real Fender Strat with great sounds but at a more reasonable price than the MIA Strats.
.I am enclosing a pic of my guitar, hopefully you can use Zoom to get a better view of the head stock View attachment 573325 View attachment 573326
Looks good!
Thank for al your help en support !!
I did my research and did a check the serial nummer on support.fender, all seems ok and gave a match with the strat and color.
What I did not know if serial numbers also get ’stolen’ from internet to use on fake ones??

byron0420

Strat-Talker
Jul 2, 2018
Florida
Hello

In the logo...it's easy to know dates... pickguard outside... if possible... to see what's inside... electronics and body... in the body usually have a hole that fender USA doesn't have ... nor the squiers (I have two strats MIM... and I never understood why they made those holes)

I was told that extra holes were for CRC machine