Bodean's Lounge

Stormy Monday

Blooze daddy
Silver Member
Jan 19, 2011
almost gone
Anyone home? I've going to whine a bit. But first some coffee....

I am in a hole. And I don't see much chance of getting out, much less staying out.

I am very blessed materially. Nice home, nice car, nice music room. But all this hides that I am stuck. The missus has health issues that causes her to be unable to do much of anything. So I have been her care giver for the last five years or so. A couple of times we've tried a weekend outing,, but she can make it a day and a half before going back into her condition that infects me. She has to cancel everything. All our friends and family know this and kind of stay away. She spends an inordinate amount of time either sleeping or binge watching TV.

My little brain is programmed to be there to help,, regardless. She keeps telling me to go off and do stuff by myself. But sometimes I really want a traveling companion. So I mostly wind of not doing much. Next weekend's jam in Greenville will be tough for me. On one hand it'll be great to get out. On the other hand I'll be waiting on a phone call telling me that something happened and I need to scurry home.

And most of my friends are either dead, or had their wife die, and have moved away. This adds to the soup.

So here I am, just turned 69, been retired 10 years, and I don't any see enjoyment in my future. I have pretty much given up. I'm not not suicidal or anything. Just given up.

More coffee please....

Della Street

Parasite
Platinum Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2022
USA

I am in a hole. And I don't see much chance of getting out, much less staying out.

I am very blessed materially. Nice home, nice car, nice music room. But all this hides that I am stuck. The missus has health issues that causes her to be unable to do much of anything. So I have been her care giver for the last five years or so. A couple of times we've tried a weekend outing,, but she can make it a day and a half before going back into her condition that infects me. She has to cancel everything. All our friends and family know this and kind of stay away. She spends an inordinate amount of time either sleeping or binge watching TV.

My little brain is programmed to be there to help,, regardless. She keeps telling me to go off and do stuff by myself. But sometimes I really want a traveling companion. So I mostly wind of not doing much. Next weekend's jam in Greenville will be tough for me. On one hand it'll be great to get out. On the other hand I'll be waiting on a phone call telling me that something happened and I need to scurry home.

And most of my friends are either dead, or had their wife die, and have moved away. This adds to the soup.

So here I am, just turned 69, been retired 10 years, and I don't any see enjoyment in my future. I have pretty much given up. I'm not not suicidal or anything. Just given up.

More coffee please....
dude...
if you might have some use for an acerbic a**hole of a friend in your life, i'm there anytime.
really looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the members next week.

MT Poteet

Strat-O-Master
Sep 10, 2021
Denco

More coffee please....
This sounds like the situation I am in.

Bowmap

I nose a thang or two.
Dec 23, 2017
Third Door Down
The scenery around here rarely changes. Overnight trips are very unlikely. And to top it off, I work from home and live in the middle of nowhere. I feel for ya friend. I have been buying little trinkets to occupy my mind (Micro controllers). I am on vacation but it seems the same as when I am not except I get to sleep in. If only marriage came with OSHA warning labels so I could figure out this late life stuff better.

Dang, only a couple sips left in my coffee mug.

Bowmap

I nose a thang or two.
Dec 23, 2017
Third Door Down
Where is this going?
Upstairs in the garage. That space was to become my office/music room but it is currently being taken over by an indoor garden. I can co-habitate with plants. Especially since I will be able to reach over and grab a salad. :)

Take that you plants. Take over MY music room will ya. Yum yum. :sneaky:

Bob the builder

Dr. Stratster
Silver Member
May 2, 2016
Cranston, Rhode Island
Upstairs in the garage. That space was to become my office/music room but it is currently being taken over by an indoor garden. I can co-habitate with plants. Especially since I will be able to reach over and grab a salad. :)

Hmmm
a grow room over the garage...
me + you gotta talk 😉

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal

Ahh... so my initial thought that "The Producer" was a nickname for your SO was pretty accurate :D

amstratnut

Peace thru Music.
Dec 1, 2009
My house.

More coffee please....

I feel for ya. Maybe you are able to get help for her , so you can go do stuff? Not desert her but, at least hang out with a buddy or jam sometimes. You have to take of yourself too, right?

Stormy Monday

Blooze daddy
Silver Member
Jan 19, 2011
almost gone
well we played yesterday at a annual HS alumni party. It was a struggle for me to get everything in the car, set up, and get started. About two songs in I was kind of ok. Not like it used to be. The high point was hearing a couple of women yelling, a few people dancing and convincing the women yelling to come up and sing in a microphone. So I survived.