Bodean's Lounge

Bowmap

80 seconds to midnight
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
Third Door Down
Body stock... Mahogany, Sapele, Basswood.

Top stock... Thuya burl, copper, bloodwood.

It's what I have on hand for a 12 string Tele.

Here is a pic of the Thuya and Mahogany.

GXT006-001 sm.jpg

So many decisions. I can't take the pressure!

I'll start a build thread a few weeks down the road. Still trying to get my producers desk done.

Bowmap

80 seconds to midnight
Dec 23, 2017
Third Door Down
Oh shi-poopie. It is raining so I can't go outside and apply veneer. The contact cement would best used outside. I don't have enough dowels for applying veneer. I can't find my spare dust collector bags and the old one went to the dump because I though I had 3 or 4 left. My monitor bit the dust for my keyboard. And I am running out of beer.

- OK. That is all.. :)

Bowmap

80 seconds to midnight
Dec 23, 2017
Third Door Down
Update: Found dowels locally. Opened garage door and back door. Nice breeze still raining out. Set up floor standing fan to assist the breeze. Donned mask and gloves. Worked very fast. Coated both surfaces and got out. After 15-20 minutes went back in. Arranged my dowels and laid the top veneer on the dowels. Checked alignment and pulled out dowels one by one. After rolling the entire surface added some clamps to make sure the edges bonded. The Weldwood contact cement is not at all like the stuff I normally use but did not have access because of working hours. The weldwood has a longer working time. The stuff I normally use, once the two surfaces touch you have not much time. They bond almost instantly.

Used monitor and dust collector bags on their way.

Still no more beer. :(