Jul 14, 2021
Sydney, Australia
No words.

Apart from the title, obviously.

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
So you're saying wait until it comes down to $10K then buy it?

I just never have thought about walking into a pawn shop, throwing them my car keys and saying "I'll take it!"

Especially since I don't have a car.
Yeah, current Reverb listings are hovering around $10K

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania

I just never have thought about walking into a pawn shop, throwing them my car keys and saying "I'll take it!"

Especially since I don't have a car.
They are just fishing for someone with the spare money who may not be that knowledgeable.

We had a "Cash Converters" (surely not the same) near me years ago. The cops were there a lot. Closed up shop long ago. Was glad to see them go.

The guitars and amps if they had them were always Chinese junk.

Lucius Paisley

Strat-O-Master
Jul 14, 2021
Sydney, Australia
They are just fishing for someone with the spare money who may not be that knowledgeable.

We had a "Cash Converters" (surely not the same) near me years ago. The cops were there a lot. Closed up shop long ago. Was glad to see them go.

The guitars and amps if they had them were always Chinese junk.
Recently they have (it appears) signed some kind of deal with a local cheap guitar manufacturer and flooded some of their stores with that stuff, with the occasional big brand popping up here and there. You used to be able to see walls and walls of great gear, but I guess they got smarter or the junkies got stupider because it's pretty hard to find something good at a low price these days.

Nadnitram

Most Honored Senior Member
Or ... everybody looks at Reverb to confirm prices, right? So go on Reverb, and ask a seller to accept $30K for one. Then buy this one for $24K. Now you'll have two, and you'll have reset the market price at $30K. Then sell both make a tidy profit of $6K.

sunburst_xxii

Strat-Talker
May 11, 2022
R86050
Or ... everybody looks at Reverb to confirm prices, right? So go on Reverb, and ask a seller to accept $30K for one. Then buy this one for $24K. Now you'll have two, and you'll have reset the market price at $30K. Then sell both make a tidy profit of $6K.
Clever!

thinkaboutit-smart.gif