Anyone tried 'Moises - The Musicians App' to separate guitars on audio tracks?

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
It let's you separate parts of any music track. Single out lyrics, drums, keys, guitar by themselves or just remove guitar from a track and you can play over it, etc... You can speed it up or slow it down and also change what key the song is in.

Screenshot_20220705-034614_Moises.jpg

Before now, there wasn't an app that let you do this kind of stuff so easily. I'm not into the audio side so I'm not exactly sure what it took to separate a guitar track from a song without a multi-track recording before this.

So has anybody tried this out? I have and it works quite well considering it's just an Android app. Not sure if it's on iOS.

Higgins1980

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 11, 2013
North Carolina
It is indeed available free from the App Store. I know what I’m gonna be doing after work. I’m gonna be a really poor facsimile of David Gilmour. 😁

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
I’ve being using it fairly regularly for about a year to create backing tracks for the covers I post up here. It does a pretty good job of isolating each track although that depends on the song as you can sometimes get bleed from one track to another. Still, it was well worth the money to buy the app and has been a huge resource for me given the shutdown of other backing track sites.

Here’s a recent example where I removed the guitars from a track:

https://app.box.com/s/7205sncqw4idsy1ydk1qhsqgszvhye7m

jjaaam

Strat-Talker
Dec 2, 2021
Michigan
I’ve used a bit for songs in my church’s band. They very often change keys and being able to do so on the app is extremely helpful for practicing. Admittedly I haven’t done much with separating tracks though.

One niggle I do have with it is when I first downloaded it a few months ago, I could input a YouTube url and it would decode the audio. I tried it again recently and it doesn’t seem to do that any longer. It’ll take a url, but it has to link to an actual audio file.

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
I’ve used a bit for songs in my church’s band. They very often change keys and being able to do so on the app is extremely helpful for practicing. Admittedly I haven’t done much with separating tracks though.

One niggle I do have with it is when I first downloaded it a few months ago, I could input a YouTube url and it would decode the audio. I tried it again recently and it doesn’t seem to do that any longer. It’ll take a url, but it has to link to an actual audio file.

I've noticed this recently as well although I have an older version on another phone which hasn't been updated for this new feature so I can still use YouTube links in the phone app. You can get around this by using the desktop app that you can load in your phone (or computer's) browser.

Miotch

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 28, 2011
ok
Trying it out. Although I don't expect much, because $40 a year, or $4 a month, is a bit rich for my blood and I never seem to be able to do much with the trial version of these type of apps. Now if it works and it was $40 to own it outright, I might get in line.

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
Trying it out. Although I don't expect much, because $40 a year, or $4 a month, is a bit rich for my blood and I never seem to be able to do much with the trial version of these type of apps. Now if it works and it was $40 to own it outright, I might get in line.

Yeah it's got a bit of cost to it and it does renew annually so unless it's something you'll use regularly, it might not be worth it. For me, I use it constantly and it's already paid for itself as I've drastically reduced the amount of tracks I purchase from https://www.karaoke-version.com/

jjaaam

Strat-Talker
Dec 2, 2021
Michigan
The $4 is a convenience fee in my view. It’s worth that when the church song leader changes keys on 75% of the songs we’re doing for the week. I may not renew but for now it’s good.