Anyone get stumped learning a song?

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
I know there’s a lot of great players on here so I wonder if it’s ever a issue. I love this riff in the intro. When the guitar player gets into the chords(the surf like sweeping) I can’t figure it out.

I know the chord progression from learning the bass line(E-A-G-A-G) but cannot figure out what she’s doing for the fillers.

Once the intro is over it’s just E-A-B in different strum patterns which for 3 chords sounds really cool. It’s a cool jam song. I just want to figure out the intro, 3 days now and still can’t get it!!

JonnyBGood

Strat-Talker
Mar 16, 2019
Uk
I know there’s a lot of great players on here so I wonder if it’s ever a issue. I love this riff in the intro. When the guitar player gets into the chords(the surf like sweeping) I can’t figure it out.

I know the chord progression from learning the bass line(E-A-G-A-G) but cannot figure out what she’s doing for the fillers.
Well she needs to tune her guitar but for the most part she's playing Emin-Amin- G-Amin and adding a G note on and off the 1st string. (hammer on and pull off). On that last Amin chord lead into it by strumming the open strings then hammer on and pull off all the fingers of the Aminor chord leading into the E minor. Does that make sense?

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Well she needs to tune her guitar but for the most part she's playing Emin-Amin- G-Amin and adding a G note on and off the 1st string. (hammer on and pull off). On that last Amin chord lead into it by strumming the open strings then hammer on and pull off all the fingers of the Aminor chord leading into the E minor. Does that make sense?

Yes this is what I got too. I did figure it out last night. Not all of the intro but really close. Yes she is doing a hammer on/pull off and kind walks into the next chord.

When I get stuck, I go tab hunting.

Absolutely no tabs or YouTube lessons on this song. Not hugely popular but I just love their vibe and tone on most of their songs. Kinda rock surf like.