Affordable 1x12 Cab?

Forest Lemon

Strat-Talker
Mar 10, 2022
Western NC
Looking for a reasonably priced 1x12 open-back cab for the Gries AA764 head I just ordered. I will likely load it with an Eminence GA-SC64 since that seems to be a well regarded speaker for this type of amp. Any suggestions?

Triple Jim

Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar
Feb 27, 2018
North Carolina
The Monoprice 1x12 with a Vintage 30 is $210, but they're temporarily out of stock. They'll be back before long though.

edit: There's one of eBay for that price, free shipping, and Amazon seems to have them too.

Forest Lemon

Strat-Talker
Mar 10, 2022
Western NC
I've seen the Monoprice and Joyo cabs and both look surprisingly decent quality for the cost. I'd likely swap the Vintage 30 but at that price it wouldn't be an issue.

stormsedge

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 7, 2012
East Tennessee, USA
Eminence GA-SC64

Like you, I had a specific speaker in mind for a head I purchased. I purchased two different Seismic cabinets (1 open, 1 closed) to experiment with. I really liked the vintage open back (and ended up opening the back on the other as well). You might check their website bc there are several models. My favorite:

jvin248

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 10, 2014
Michigan

+1 the monoprice, joyo, and I think Harley Benton has a model (from memory of old threads it's the same as the monoprice just with a different label).

Otherwise ... look for a used Peavey Bandit cabinet.

Latest posts