A tree fell on my Mustang GT about an hour ago

Tylerlayne

Strat-O-Master
Jul 18, 2021
St Augustine, Florida
maybe like this one....

View attachment 594634

this was mine....but my wife talked me into getting rid of it for a piece of s**t Camaro....really miss mine....

to the OP.....really sorry to hear about your car....I would think that home owners insurance would take care of it....
IMG_0669.jpg
This is mine in February right after I painted it. it has a 4.6 and a 5 speed manual transmission. Was really a fun car to drive. Going to have to take it for a last ride around the block. Going to miss it.

nadzab

Play Don't Worry
Silver Member
May 15, 2009
New England
Homeowner's or renter's insurance won't touch that. You could try to make a liability claim against the property owner (assuming it's not you), but that won't go anywhere unless the the limb was rotten and likely to fall, and the owner knew or should have known it.

Sorry that happened - really sucks. Did you get a quote with comprehensive and collision coverage and decide it wasn't worth it? Florida's a tough market for insurance.

hrstrat57

Strat-Talker
Jun 11, 2016
RI
Got a 03 GT 5 speed convertible same color

Goes in storage in winter. I fear trees. Many have gone down and barely missed it. Sorry for your bad luck

I believe that can be fixed but probably would take a pretty sophisticated shop - might need a parts/salvage car to provide the bits needed. Maybe someone can chime in that is a expert and could evaluate more detailed pics….would certainly exceed the cars “value” to fix it could be a tough call

Good luck

Green Craig

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 15, 2012
Michigan
Trees cannot be trusted. I used to love them, but after living on huge lot full of trees (I picked it because I loved trees), I learned to nearly hate trees ... at least on my property.
The same tree in the neighbor's yard has fallen on our yard twice in the past year. It's one tree, but it's one of those multi trunk bastards, and the crooks and crotches are rotting out.