2007 Deluxe Strat Question

Hugh

Got Cluck ?
Jul 26, 2009
Louisville (KY)
I missed out on an American standard a few weeks ago. It was listed on Craigslist. And now this one has been posted with an asking price of 1,000 bucks. Seller says it is minty and comes with the original case. Looking at listings here and there it appears to be a reasonable price.

So my question is, were these considered good runs ? Also how is the neck profile on these ? If they're considered a bit chunky I may have to give the seller a call.

Attachments

• 00C0C_5lwGIibs90hz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    00C0C_5lwGIibs90hz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 00o0o_ipKQSnCwjEVz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    00o0o_ipKQSnCwjEVz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 00V0V_juiUjTW0ZTQz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    00V0V_juiUjTW0ZTQz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 90

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
I missed out on an American standard a few weeks ago. It was listed on Craigslist. And now this one has been posted with an asking price of 1,000 bucks. Seller says it is minty and comes with the original case. Looking at listings here and there it appears to be a reasonable price.

So my question is, were these considered good runs ? Also how is the neck profile on these ? If they're considered a bit chunky I may have to give the seller a call.
I'd go for it.

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City
That version (2004-2009) used the SCN pickups that were designed by Bill Lawrence (the man, not the company) for Fender. Some people really like that version of the noiseless pickups versus the earlier and later versions. Looks like a decent price for one of these in today's market.

SurfsUp

Senior Stratmaster
May 18, 2016
Aff-Ma-Heid, Ontario
I have a 2015 American Deluxe which has quickly became my #1. Bought it new.

Not sure if the specs changed much from this gen to mine, but to me the AmeDlx is the fully loaded Porche of the guitar world

V Neck (mine, anyway......can't live without)
Compound radius
Bevelled heel
Locking Tuners
S1 switching (something I've actually become a fan of)
N3 pickups (different of course than what is being offered to you)

It's just an awesome playing axe, I'd deff check into it if you already haven't. $1000 seems fair I suppose.

TheFifth

New Member!
Oct 27, 2011
UK
I have a 2006 Deluxe, bought from new. Personally I like the Bill Lawrence designed noiseless pickups of that era. They definitely do their own thing though, so I guess they may not appeal to all.

The guitar overall is great and very pretty with the abalone inlays and silver headstock logo. Mine still plays perfectly, even after 16 years of abuse. Seems a good price too, so I'd say go for it!

ChuckStoat

Strat-Talk Member
Feb 21, 2016
Memphis, Tennessee
I have a 2004 American Deluxe and I think it is a fabulous guitar. Very well bit/excellent fit and finish. I've been meaning to post something about how these are probably one of the few relative bargains on the used market.

The noiseless pickups are very much a matter of taste. I have considered changing them at times but there are some things they do very well so I've more thought in the direction of getting another non noiseless strat recently.

The pickups are unbelievably quiet by the way. Significantly quieter than my humbucker equipped Les Paul. And they do traditional strat sounds it's just that it is so pristine and sometimes you want a little more punch. Also a little hard to balance with non noiseless pickups if you are using the same amp so some re-eqing is probably required. I mostly make due with a volume boost to punch it up a little easily if I am just futzing around at home. Oh and they are excellent if you use a lot of effects (esp time based stuff like delays).

The neck shape is a straightforward modern C and very comfortable.

You definitely should look into it. Even with say $300 to change pickups it would still be a great guitar for the money!

Piranhakeet

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 30, 2021
Tampa, FL

I had a 2008 deluxe exactly like that one. Fantastic guitar, still kicking myself for selling it. That would be a great price if it's truly mint.

awc101

New Member!
Jun 18, 2020
san diego

You gotta jump on this 07 now. If it really is mint for 1000, that's a steal. The 07 dlx is my all time fav strat. I bought a heavy worn one for 700 at a pawn shop, and i liked it so much I found a mint one on Reverb for 1300 and bought that too. Awesome sounding guitars! I have V necks on mine so i cant really comment on the C shape.

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City
I have a 2015 American Deluxe which has quickly became my #1. Bought it new.

Not sure if the specs changed much from this gen to mine, but to me the AmeDlx is the fully loaded Porche of the guitar world

V Neck (mine, anyway......can't live without)
Compound radius
Bevelled heel
Locking Tuners
S1 switching (something I've actually become a fan of)
N3 pickups (different of course than what is being offered to you)

It's just an awesome playing axe, I'd deff check into it if you already haven't. $1000 seems fair I suppose.

Most American Deluxes are C-necks, but Fender did have a separate version that had the V-neck from 2004-2015 - which would cover the 2nd (2004-2009) and 3rd (2010-2015) generations of the American Deluxe. Compound radius starts with the 3rd generation.

stratblast

Strat-O-Master
Jan 17, 2015
OMAHA, NEBRASKA

Check eBay there are a lot of strat sellers on eBay. See what the average prices are on eBay. You can use that as a gauge to tell where the guitar fits price wise.

Is the case tweed ? Or the standard case?Tweed is better. About every strat comes with the black hard shell case nowadays. And I myself do not care for the new ones nowadays. Especially the body contoured ones.